L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Matte Lipcolour Stick Review & Swatches

L'oreal Colour Riche Le Matte Lipcolour Stick ($9.99 at drugstores) is a recently re-released matte lipstick in a twist-up pencil form. These originally came out back in 2013 and they were limited edition, so I never got the chance to try them. Now that they're back, I was a little disappointed that they only released five shades! Also, they're pretty expensive for a drugstore lip product, so I only purchased one to try before I commit to more. Let's take a closer look! 
loreal le matte lip pencil review swatches
L'oreal Le Matte Lipcolour in She's So Matte
I purchased the shade She's So Matte, which is a medium nude pink. These have an oval shaped tip that makes it really easy to stay inside your lip line...it's like the best of a lip pencil and lipstick in one.
L'oreal Le Matte Lipcolour review swatches
L'oreal Le Matte Lipcolour in She's So Matte

The formula is almost identical to the Maybelline ColorBlur Lip Pencils, except this one has a rose perfume-like scent that I'm not a fan of at all. The ColorBlur pencils were unscented, so I'm not sure why L'oreal chose to add perfume to these. Still, I can't complain about the formula as it glides easily on my dry lips without tugging and allows me to wear a matte lip without clinging to dry patches or looking cakey. Also, compared to the ColorBlur pencils, these come in more conservative shades so if you had a hard time finding a shade you liked out of all of the bright, bold ColorBlur pencils, you may find one you like here (although there aren't many shades to choose from).
loreal le matte swatches she's so matte
L'oreal Le Matte Lipcolour in She's So Matte

This formula is also really long-lasting and my lips never felt dry during wear time. I'm really liking this shade, as it's an MLBB-type shade that's really natural-looking.

Overall, if you like the Maybelline ColorBlur shades, you may want to just stick with those as they're less expensive and also unscented. The formula is pretty much identical as far as I can tell. But if like me, you were looking for some more natural-looking shades, you may want to check these out...as long as you don't mind the heavy floral scent! 
Have you tried these yet? What do you think of them?

You can find these at drugstores, Target, and Ulta.com (currently $5.99 at the time of this post).

6 comments

  1. I'm not sure I would pay that much money for this, but I'd love to see the full colour range!

    Starrzbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few of them. 2 matte shades and one gloss. I really like them. They apply effortlessly and don't require the use of a separate lip liner plus they're super portable; much more so than a standard sized lipstick tube. I only wish they had a wider variety of neutral tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way. I was disappointed that there weren't more neutral tones of the Maybelline ColorBlur too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, $10 for drugstore lippie? You would have to do a BOGO 50% off or use coupons to get a deal. I do like the color though, but why put rose perfume in a lipstick??? (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea but I really don't like perfumey lip products. I'm not against scent, I like vanilla for example, but it needs to be something I wouldnt mind tasting (and Rose perfume is definitely not on the list!).

      Delete
  4. That's a beautiful color on you. I don't like heavy floral scents in my lip products, and my husband is allergic to rose scent. So these are disappointing on that score. I've been using e.l.f.'s Studio Matte Lip Color, which is a similar product. They have 11 shades that are not dry at all, and they smell and taste yummy and fruity.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig