IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer Review

IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer ($48 at Ulta) is a hydrating primer and anti-aging serum in one that contains over 50 good-for-your-skin ingredients. I'm a primer junkie and I have yet to see one that has this many fantastic ingredients inside...actually, I don't even think some of my high-priced skincare serums have this much anti-aging technology inside.  Let's take a closer look and I'll get into the ingredients more in-depth. 
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer


No. 50 Primer comes in a pump bottle, but there is also a dropper included if you prefer. Also, a little bit goes a long way, so this bottle should last a while.
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer

Take a look at the ingredient list...it's so long! Like most primers, silicones are at the top of the list, but after that is where No. 50 starts to set itself apart from the rest. The first thing that jumped out at me were all the hydrating, skin-loving ingredients like grape seed oil, jojoba seed oil, avocado oil, mango seed butter, argan oil and hyaluronic acid.  It's also full of vitamins, niacin and collagen as well as coffee seed extract, an antioxidant.
Finally, I was surprised and delighted to see some ingredients that have been really popular in Korean skincare, such as snail secretion filtrate and lactobacillus fermented with honeysuckle, licorice root, morus alba root, Pueraria Lobata Root, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root and Sophora Japonica Flower extracts. This is the exact same complex that's in Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail BB Cream.
Fermented skincare is gaining popularity in the US, but it's been used in Korean products for a while now to help whiten and regenerate the skin. 
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer Ingredients

No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Primer comes out of the bottle white like a lotion, but turns clear as you rub it into the skin. To me, it feels like a more hydrating version of the Hourglass Veil Mineral primer, so if you like the way that one sinks into the skin with no greasy feel, you'll love this one even more if you have drier or mature skin.
This absorbs quickly and creates a perfect barrier that allows makeup to go on flawlessly and diffusing the look of pores, lines and wrinkles. When I wear this primer, my skin is as smooth as my 2 year old son's!
When I saw this presented on QVC Jamie Kern Lima (IT Cosmetics' founder) suggested that you can also layer this on top of your skincare before bed to lock in the benefits of your skincare products and also add some additional anti-aging benefits while you sleep. I've been doing that for about 2 weeks and I always wake up to baby soft skin that looks brighter and smoother.
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer
IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer Swatch

Overall, if you're looking for a non-greasy primer that will help your makeup to go on smoothly and will also feed your skin with a ton of beneficial ingredients, then look no further! Those with normal-to dry skin types will really love this as it's a truly hydrating primer. When you combine that with all of the anti-aging ingredients that are in this bottle you have one powerful combo! Can your primer do all that? Grab yours now at Ulta.com!
Have you tried IT Cosmetics No. 50 primer yet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

**Disclosure- I received the product mentioned in this review from a brand or PR Agency, and all opinions are my own. I was not paid to write this review.**

5 comments

  1. I had no idea this had all that inside it. I was thinking it was just a primer. I keep hearing about snail mucin and fermented products like SK-II but they're either too expensive or difficult to get from Korea. I may try this, I'm about to place a qvc order anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely surprised at the amount of great ingredients in here, but especially cutting edge stuff like that! You'll have to let me know how you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. I loooooove the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer cause it's THE ONLY primer that works for my combination skin. Having read your review, do you think it may work for a combo skin that tends to be oily during the summer and dry in the cheek area during the winter? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hourglass is one of my favorite primers too but I have dry skin so I wanted something with more hydration and this delivers! It has a heavier feel than Hourglass Veil but it's not greasy...just moisturizing. In the summer when your skin is more oily, you may even be able to get away with using this in place of a moisturizer.

      Delete
  3. I love the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer SPF 15, but for winter, my skin gets drier, so I'm going to give this a try then. I love the IT CC Cream, and they do use cutting-edge Asian ingredients. I would love to have baby skin again! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig