Too Faced Melted Metal Liquified Metallic Lipstick Review and Swatches

Too Faced Melted Metal Liquified Metallic Lipstick ($21, Sephora) are brand new for Summer 2015 and they're a fun, shimmery take on their original Melted lipsticks. I couldn't wait to post a review and swatches for you guys because I love the originals and was hoping I'd like these even more.  So let's take a look...
too faced melted metal lipstick review and swatches

The packaging looks very close to the originals with some subtle differences.  The boxes are shiny and they added the word "metal" to both the box and the tube. The caps are a shiny gold vs. more of a brushed gold on the original version. Other than that, everything is the same, right down to the applicator.
too faced melted metal lipstick review and swatches
I ended up choosing 3 shades...Peony, Debutante and Dream House.  Peony and Debutante are subtler shades similar to what I would normally wear, but Dream House is much brighter and was a bit of a wild card pick for me.  I wanted to review a brighter shade but I had a hard time choosing because I don't normally think I look good in brighter shades.  In the end, I chose Dream House because of it's cooler, blue undertones, since I have cool-toned skin.


too faced melted metal lipstick review and swatches
Peony, Debutante, Dream House
I really love the applicators on the Melted lipsticks.  There are a few Melted-type dupes out there, but none of them have replicated this soft, fuzzy applicator.  It's texture helps it to not slide around so much when you're using it so I find that it gives me more control than a slick plastic surface. Also, it just feels more soft and comfortable!
too faced melted metal lipstick review and swatches
Formula:
When I first swatched these lipsticks, I noticed that they're not as opaque or as thick as the original Melted formula and the texture feels lighter and a little bit more moisturizing. They're also shimmery but not in an overly, chunky glittery sort of way. The effect isn't super dramatic...it just leaves your lips with a shiny metallic finish but you don't necessarily notice the shimmer particles and you can't feel them either, which is a good thing!

Wear Time:
I find the wear time on these to be shorter than the original Melted lipsticks...about 3-4 hours tops, while the originals gave me about 5-6 hours.  These also tend to settle into the cracks of my lips, so I had to constantly rub my lips together to even it back out.  If you don't have a ton of lip lines you'll be fine, but I have dry lips that are usually lined so that was definitely a problem for me.

Swatches:
too faced melted metal lipstick review and swatches
Debutante, Peony, Dream House
Debutante is a metallic apricot rose shade. I thought it was a really pretty nude and totally wearable.
Too Faced Melted Metal in Debutante

Too Faced Melted Metal in Debutante
Peony is a metallic dusty rose.  This is probably my favorite shade...it's my perfect pink. Love!
too faced melted metal metallic lipstick review and swatches
Too Faced Melted Metal in Peony

Too Faced Melted Metal in Peony
Dream House is a metallic electric fuchsia. Even though I was afraid of it's brightness, it's actually really beautiful! I just have to work up the courage to wear it out of the house sometime!
too faced melted metal metallic lipstick review and swatches
Too Faced Melted Metal in Dream House

too faced melted metal metallic lipstick review and swatches
Too Faced Melted Metal in Dream House
As I was doing my swatches, I noticed that the shades I bought sort of reminded me of the Cover Girl Lip Lava shades I reviewed a while back (see that post here if you missed it).  Lip Lava is a metallic gloss, so the texture is quite different- they're more slick, have shorter wear time, and more shine...but the metallic effect is similar, so I wanted to do a swatch comparison of the shades for you guys. They're similar but sadly, no dupes here.

Overall, I like the Too Faced Melted Metal Liquified Lipsticks, but do I love them? Nah, not really. They look gorgeous on, but the settling into lines thing bothers me because I'm not always looking in a mirror...not to mention I don't think I would wear metallic lipstick on an everyday basis.  Still, these are a fun addition to my makeup bag and I'll definitely pull them out once in a while when I'm in the mood.  You can find these at Sephora for $21 each.
What do you think of these shades? Are you a fan of the regular Melted lipsticks? Have you tried these yet? Do share!
You May Also Love: 


5 comments

  1. Two shades I've been eyeing lately are Macaron and Violet, but Peony and Dream House are beautiful too--in fact, they all look beautiful--I just wish the price wasn't so painful. I loved all of these on you; thanks for the wonderful review as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Maria! :) I almost bought Macaron and changed to Dream House at the last minute. At the time there weren't many swatches out and I had no clue what to get. I love all of these though!

      Delete
  2. These are all beautiful, it's so hard to choose! But then again, you are totally gorgeous so anything would look good on you. You can totally pull of bright colors, don't be afraid of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try these but I'm not a fan of lip glosses, I'll probably just moon over them from afar like I did with the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applicator on these totally reminds me of a lip product that Revlon had out some years ago, same exact thing, except Revlon's weren't as pricey ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig