Kardashian Beauty Hair Black Seed Dry Oil Review

The Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil ($15.99 at Ulta) is part of the new Kardashian Beauty Hair collection that's been hitting the stores the past few months.  I purchased a couple of products at Bed, Bath and Beyond a while ago and I really wanted to get a review up on these because no matter how you feel about the K-sisters, these products are really good. 

The Kardashians developed this line with Farouk Systems (creator of CHI and Biosilk) and every product contains ultra-nourishing Black Seed Oil which is supposed to be amazing for your hair.  For my first review, I wanted to focus on the Black Seed Dry Oil, which seems to be the flagship product of the line.  Kim has said that she uses it on her daughter North's hair to tame it when she's putting it up in a bun or ponytail and she also claims to have used it on her body during that infamous Paper Magazine photo shoot (fyi, I actually tried it on my arms and legs and it really makes your skin super soft and glowy). Let's take a look...
kardashian beauty hair black seed oil review

Description: 
Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil is a nutrient rich treatment and styling aid that rejuvenates and nourishes hair so it appears strong, thick, smooth and gloriously shiny. This ultra light formula is easily absorbed, instantly nourishing and smoothing to the hair with no residue left behind. Experience the luxury of pure Black Seed Oil for the ultimate glamorous finish.

It comes in a 3oz. bottle with a pump which I was really happy about, because when I first saw the bottle, I thought it was going to be a spray nozzle (I find those much harder to control the amount of product comes out). I have very fine hair so I always have to be careful with hair oils and shine serums to make sure I don't make my hair look greasy. 

kardashian beauty hair black seed oil review
Black Seed Oil has a lot of hype surrounding it and there are claims on various websites (not related to the Kardashian products) that it can do everything from strengthen weak hair, to actually regrowing hair that's been lost or making hair grow faster. I don't know about all that, but there is quite a bit of it in this product...it's near the top of the ingredient list.

Ingredients: 
Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone Cyclohexasiloxane, Nigella Sativa(Black Seed) Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol C12-15, Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (parfum) Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone Benzyl, Salicylate Benzyl, Benzoate Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Yellow 11 (CI47000) RED 17 (CI26100).

The Black Seed Dry Oil feels a bit thick at first and I worried that it might be too heavy for my hair, but to my surprise, it absorbed very quickly! I use only a dime-sized amount for my medium-length "lob" and apply it to damp hair before blow drying.  It makes my dry, damaged hair so manageable during the drying process and afterwards, my hair has softness, body, and shine. Then, I use the tiniest little smidge and apply it to my ends and work it up to the middle, avoiding the roots.
kardashian beauty hair black seed oil review

In fact, the other day, I got in the car to go somewhere and I happened to glance in the mirror and saw my hair gleaming where the sun was hitting it.  Let me just say...my hair never shines. It's naturally dry (like my skin) and on top of that, it's been through bleaching and coloring. I was really happy because this is the first time in forever that I really noticed my hair being shiny and healthy looking.
kardashian beauty hair black seed oil review

I really want to talk about the scent for a minute because when I look at other online reviews, a lot of people gave this product low ratings because of the smell. I've seen many, many people describe the scent as "black pepper" and I can kind of see that, but to me, it smells like a warm, spicy oriental-type perfume...I actually love it! It also disappears pretty quickly once it's in my hair so for me the scent isn't an issue.  Still, I wanted to put it out there because a lot of people are sensitive to fragrances and quite a few have an aversion to this particular scent.

Overall, I'm really happy with the Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil! It makes my hair frizz-free, manageable, and most importantly, shiny so I'm definitely going to keep on using it!
Have you tried any of the Kardashian Beauty Hair line? I'd love to hear what you think!
I purchased my Black Seed Dry Oil at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $14.99. You can also find it at Ulta, Walgreens.com and JC Penney.

You May Also Like: 

7 comments

  1. Your hair looks amazing! This sounds right up my alley. I also have fine hair that needs some shine. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) It's definitely my new fave hair product and I love that you can use it on your skin too.

      Delete
  2. I don't honestly have an intention of trying these, but I've been dying of curiosity if they were going to be any better than their crappy makeup! Maybe if I ever can't afford to use WEN I might give this a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing because I'm not a fan of their makeup either. But knowing that it was made by the same company that makes CHI and Biosilk, I took a chance because I've had good luck with those in the past. So far, I like this better! I'm also a WEN user, but I use this before blow-drying. It's lightweight so it washes out with just WEN...I don't need to shampoo (although most of the time, I double cleanse with WEN).

      Delete
  3. Do u know if this Can this be used on hair without needing to blow dry? I always let my hair air dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia, I'm sure it can. I occasionally use it on damp hair, then put it in a bun while it dries. When I take out the bun, my hair is soft and not crunchy or stiff. So I think it would work well for air drying too. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig