Nail-Aid Pedi Express Review

This is time of year when I start thinking about getting my skin ready for Summer.  I tend to slack off on certain routines during the Winter when I'm not showing a lot of skin and then I usually have to work overtime to get them back into shape...especially my feet. You would think it'd just be easier for me to maintain them all Winter long, but nope, when the cold weather hits, I get lazy.
I own several electric foot filing devices...the Amope Pedi Perfect, Emjoi Micro Pedi, Ped Egg Power, and even have the foot filing brush for my Clarisonic. They all do their part to help shave off calluses and dead, dry skin but they don't always get it all, especially the rough skin on the tops of my feet which are too sensitive to use those devices on. 
I've used foot peels in the past, such as Philosophy's Soul Owner ($16) and Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Heel Of Appproval ($15) but I've struggled with finding a less expensive drugstore version that contains a high amount of glycolic acid...most drugstore foot creams I see are hydrating but don't exfoliate those dead skin cells away. 
Last week, I was in Walmart checking out the new Hard Candy Spring 2015 products and stumbled upon some new products from Nail-Aid, including this Pedi Express 3-Minute Pedi Peel. I can't remember the exact price, but I believe it was $4-something...definitely under $5.
This stood out to me because it says it has 12% glycolic acid and that it dissolves and softens dry, callused skin without the need for filing.  So I grabbed one...and apparently everyone else did too.  I went back a few days later and these were all gone from the shelf already!
Glycolic acid is an Alpha Hydroxy acid that comes from sugar cane and the molecules are the smallest of all the AHA's so it can penetrate further into the skin than fruit or milk acids. It basically acts as tiny Pac-Men eating away and dissolving the sebum and other substances that make cells clump together on the surface and build up. It's relatively gentle...I've never had any irritation from using it but it can make your skin more sun sensitive since it's removing the top layer, so please keep that in mind.



This is such an easy product to use, because you just apply it every night and wake up with smoother, softer feet in the morning.  The effects of glycolic acid are cumulative, so the more you use it, the better your skin will get!
This is a thick, white cream with a mild citrus-mint scent. It feels very soothing and my feet felt softer immediately after applying.  I like to wear a pair of socks over this treatment to keep in on my feet so it doesn't rub off on my sheets.

Overall, I'm so happy I found this...my feet were such a mess and now after only a few uses, they're smoother, softer and less callused on the bottoms and the rough dry skin on the top of my foot is already completely gone, leaving smoother brighter skin underneath. Unfortunately, my feet were such a disaster, I don't think this cream alone will help them...I still need to use my foot files. But if yours aren't too bad, maybe just dry with some rough patches, this cream is strong enough to do the trick!  Either way, I think you'll be amazed at the results.

You May Also Like: 

8 comments

  1. Wow, this sounds awesome. My feet used to be awful when i lived in the dry air of Utah. They are not as bad now I live in Washington, but they could still use a little TLC. So excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a bottle. I hope it works. My feet are not a total disaster but they do need some pampering. So far most of the reviews I have read people seemed to be satisfied. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely works, will be going back to get a couple more bottles. My heels were terrible!! But now, my feet are soooo soft 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely does what it says it does. Completely satisfied and will be getting more of it!!! It works!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you actually have to peel it off? I was thinking since it said it's a pedi peel, that you would have to peel it off. The package doesn't say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kendall, nope! It's a little confusing due to the wording but it's just a cream that you massage into your feet and then leave it on. After a little while, it soaks in completely like a body cream and you just leave it until your next shower. :)

      Delete
  6. Kinda confusing as the directions are....apply to feet for 3-5mins, but don't rinse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, yes they are a bit confusing. They just mean to let it soak in for 3-5 minutes before putting on socks I think. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig