Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadows Review and Swatches

Yesterday, I posted Part 1 of my recent Colourpop haul, and talked about their newest product Super Shock Cheek ($8). Needless to say, I was in love with the super long wearing powder-cream formula so I couldn't wait to share my review of their Super Shock Eyeshadows ($5) with you! Let's take a look...
If you missed yesterday's post, I gave a little overview of the brand Colourpop and all the reasons I am just crazy about them.  Here's a quick recap:

Made in the USA
Inexpensive
Amazing quality

I ended up choosing 3 matte eyeshadows and 1 satin, because that's what I use on an everyday basis. But I have to say, they have some gorgeous looking metallic and glitter shades on their website, and I have already placed an order for some of those to try next.

Like the Super Shock Cheeks, these are a cream to powder formula, but they are unlike anything you've ever tried! They're not as wet as your typical cream eyeshadow...they feel soft and spongy when you touch them with your finger and you pick up super pigmented color.
They apply best with your finger, but you can actually use brushes to apply these! In my experience using a brush gave me a softer, more muted, diffused finish. I typically use my finger to apply them and sometimes a brush to blend in my crease.
Also, these last all day without budging, creasing, or fading. I'm used to cream eyeshadows sliding off my eyes (or settling into my crease) but these didn't do that.  When I went to take off my makeup at night, they looked like I had just applied them. Absolutely amazing.
Just look at these gorgeous, soft shades...aren't they so pretty?
Top Row: Girl Crush, Bill
Bottom Row: Desert, Hanky Panky
Girl Crush is described as a mid-tone true gray with a matte finish.  I have worn this as a crease color and also on the lid...it works either way and it pairs really well with Bill (the next shade below). On my fair, pink toned skin it looks like a soft dove gray with a hint of lilac.

Bill is described as a muted plum beige with a matte finish. I wear this in my crease a lot and although it's a neutral, it's not boring at all.  It's the perfect dusty mauve shade...I feel like I've been looking for this shade for a long time!

Desert is described as warm saddle brown with a taupe satin finish. It's the perfect crease/transition shade if you're doing a brown or bronze eyeshadow look. I also use it all over my lid by itself when I want a "no makeup" look.  

Hanky Panky is a soft, cool-toned taupe with a matte finish. This is a super subtle shade as you'll see in the swatches below, and it works well on my skin because I'm fair and cool-toned.  However this may not show up well on medium-darker skintones.

Look at how soft and pretty these colors are...this is one swipe with my finger! They're not intense shades, but the pigmentation is amazing.

One thing I wanted to talk about is Colourpop's shipping times.  I've seen a lot of comments on Instagram from people who have placed orders and it takes a while to get to them.  This also happened to me...I placed my order on February 16th, and I got the email that it had shipped on the 23rd, 5 business days later (not counting the weekend so 7 days total).  I received my order on the 28th, so it took an additional 5 days to travel from Los Angeles to CT.  If you live closer to California, I'm guessing it won't take as long for you.  
So basically, I waited 12 days for my order (10 business days) which felt like forever, but I totally understand that this brand has exploded in popularity during the last several months, so I'm sure they're just swamped with orders right now. The bottom line is...they are totally worth the wait (so don't let that stop you)!

Overall, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite makeup brands.  With Colourpop, I feel like I'm getting high end makeup that I just dropped a fortune on...then I remember I paid $5 bucks for these eyeshadows and that makes it just that much sweeter. So head on over to the Colourpop website and pick up some of the Super Shock Eyeshadows (and Cheeks!).  
Stay tuned for Part 3 of my Colourpop haul when I review Lippie Stix and Pencils! 

5 comments

  1. Very soon, I will need to place an order. Bill and Girl Crush are right up my alley. Can't wait for Part 3!!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go for picking the not so popular muted but wearable everyday colors. Thank you for that. Everyone is obsessed with their glittery & metallic shades & I'm sure they're pretty, but you chose wisely. Now I'm actually contemplating an order ;)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! I know, haha I figured everyone would think my choices were a bit boring and safe but since everyone chooses the bright bold metallics, I had a hard time finding swatches of these shades out there. So I figured it would be helpful to show these more muted, matte shades as well because they're just as pretty just in a different way!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reviewing ColourPop. I can't get enough of swatches. This a really high quality brand but considering the shadows are not powder products, these may not last over a year.

    Masha,
    Www.masharussia.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig