Skinfood Honey Pot Lip Balm Review

Skinfood is probably my favorite Korean skincare brand and I was so happy to see that they're now sold at Urban Outfitters because it's finally more accessible (yay!). Previously, you could only get Skinfood at one of their stores in NYC or Cali (or order it from Korea).  So I ordered a few things from Urbanoutfitters.com since I don't have a store in my immediate area, and one of the things I just couldn't resist is this Honey Pot Lip Balm ($12).  It's super adorable and comes with a wooden honey stick instead of a spatula. Let's take a look...


I got the Berry shade, but there is also a Mandarin shade and a Honey shade.  

The pot is actually a little smaller than I thought it would be, but once I used it, I realized that it's going to last a long time since you only need a little bit.  It has a fruity scent to it...I'm not sure if the other shades smell different, but if you're sensitive to fragrances I wanted to point that out.  I don't mind it and don't really notice it after a few minutes anyway.


It has a thick, jelly-like texture that feels really good on dry lips...it forms a nice thick layer of protection that doesn't feel sticky. Although the wooden stick is cute, I have yet to use it because I don't want to have to clean it!  So I've just been using q-tips to get the balm out.
This balm does a great job of moisturizing my lips but it only leaves a very slight pinkish-red tint so if you're looking for a tinted lip balm, this isn't going to give you much color.
Overall, this was definitely an impulse purchase based on the super cute packaging.  I really prefer my lip balm in a tube or a stick because it's just easier to apply, so I probably wouldn't get this again once it's gone.  While this is really moisturizing and makes my lips feel soft and smooth, it doesn't perform any better than others I've tried that cost a lot less.
I have more Skinfood reviews on the way, so stay tuned!

To order the Honey Pot Lip Balm, please visit UrbanOutfitters.com

2 comments

  1. Save the jar once it is empty and use it for your lip scrubs. It is too cute to toss!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig