NYX Cosmetics Prismatic Eyeshadow Swatches

NYX Prismatic Eyeshadows are brand new for Spring 2015 and I found them at Ulta.com for $6 each. I'm a huge NYX fan but in the past their eyeshadows haven't impressed me all that much...well, these have changed all that!  Let's take a look...
There are 12 shades in all, and I picked up four of them to try.  I don't have an Ulta near me, so I ordered them online and unfortunately, one came broken...bummer because it's a beautiful shade!
Top Row: Frostbite, Smoke & Mirrors
Bottom Row: Liquid Gold, Bedroom Eyes
These come packaged in cute little silver and black pots and the clasp is a little silver bow.  It gives it that little bit of a girly touch without going crazy with pink or purple packaging...they're keeping it sleek and simple. They also have a hinge opening, similar to their other eyeshadows, which I prefer to a cap that comes off all the way. 

These are probably some of the softest eyeshadows I've ever touched...you can actually see how soft they are in the close-ups below...they almost look fuzzy! To me, they kind of look like loose eyeshadow that was loosely pressed together. The only downside to them being this soft is that it makes them prone to breakage (as you saw in my situation) so you have to be really careful with them.


The pigmentation is incredible, and they rival any expensive eyeshadow on the market.  That's why these were such a pleasant surprise because the original NYX eyeshadows were decent but I wasn't super impressed by them.

These were swatched without primer, and each shade was swatched only twice so you can see how truly pigmented these are! They last about 7-8 hours on my eyes, so they're long-lasting as well!

Frostbite is white with a lilac duochrome when it catches the light...just gorgeous!
Nyx frostbite swatch
Frostbite

nyx prismatic eyeshadow frostbite swatch
Frostbite
Smoke & Mirrors is a beautiful pewter or gunmetal gray. This would make an amazing smoky eye!
nyx prismatic swatches
Smoke & Mirrors

nyx smoke & mirrors swatch
Smoke & Mirrors
Bedroom Eyes is a warm medium brown that's perfect for everyday.  It's such a rich color!
nyx bedroom eyes swatches
Bedroom Eyes

nyx bedroom eyes swatches
Bedroom Eyes
Liquid Gold is a deep golden shade.  I'm so upset that it broke because it's stunning!
nyx liquid gold swatches
Liquid Gold

nyx liquid gold swatches
Liquid Gold

Here are all four swatched together...aren't they so soft and beautiful?! They actually look as soft as they feel and go on so smooth, like butter. 
I just can not get over how soft and pigmented these are! Without a doubt they're the nicest drugstore eyeshadows ever.  I really want to try more colors now and I regret only buying 4, but I just didn't know what to expect. I would run right out to Ulta and get these if you can.  I have a feeling they'll sell out quickly, especially as more reviews and swatches start coming out.

What do you think?  Are you planning to try these, or have you already?

6 comments

  1. Now I feel like I'm going to have to hunt these down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so nice! P.S. I don't know if you've already done something with the broken shadow, but I've received broken products like that before from different companies too. I just email their customer service and they've all always sent me a brand new one immediately without any issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I was thinking about doing that but wondered how successful I'd be. I think I'll try...:)

      Delete
    2. Or, you could always repair the eyeshadow yourself. It doesn't compromise the texture or finish. I'm sure you won't have any problem getting it replace though!

      Delete
    3. I purchased Frostbite. The lilac duo chrome is stunning! I love it so much! These are my new favorite shadows! Can't wait to get more!!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig