e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette | Review & Swatches

e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette review
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft
This cream blush palette easily creates buildable color for a flushed glow. Creamy in texture, it's easy to blend and the pigmented colors are buildable for the perfect color.

Price: $6

Where to Buy: elfcosmetics.com

Keep reading for my review & swatches! 
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette review
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft
Review: 

The e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette launched back in January as a part of the Spring 2016 collection and I picked one up during a recent e.l.f. haul since, you know, I don't have the willpower to pass up a blush palette. ;) Plus, I just love cream blushes in the Spring and Summer...they just seem so easy and carefree, just swipe on, blend with your fingers, and go!

It comes in two shades, Soft (which is the one I'll be reviewing today) and Bold.  They're housed in the exact same packaging as the powder blush palettes, so you have the ability to pop the pans out and mix and match with other palettes. I personally don't like mixing powders and creams together so I would probably only mix these shades with some from the Bold Cream Blush palette if I decide to get that one. 


e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft
Just like the other e.l.f blush palettes, this one comes with a really large mirror and generously sized pans.
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette review
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft
The shades in the Soft palette are so beautiful, and just perfect for fair to light skin tones. They give you a nude pink, a peachy nude, a dusty mauve, and a soft rose shade.

e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette review & swatches
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft
I was expecting these cream shades to be sort of thick and sticky-feeling due to the lower price point but they surprised me by being super creamy and ultra-blendable. These aren't the kind of creams that you need to warm up first in order to pick them up...they already have great slip to them and a light, silky feel. I love, love, love the texture...they almost remind me of the Stila Convertible colors in a way! They're nicely pigmented and as you blend them, they turn sheer but you can easily build them up to the level of color that you want. I like to pat them into my skin and then lightly blend with my fingers.

They give my cheeks a really natural-looking satin finish that doesn't feel greasy or tacky at all. They sink right into my skin and dry down completely, but that could be because I have dry skin...they do have a more emollient texture so if you're oily, they might not dry down all the way and slide right off.

They last about 4 hours on me before fading, so they're not the longest-wearing cream blush, but I find that if I set them with a complimentary powder blush, it locks in the color for all-day wear.
elf cream blush palette swatches
e.l.f. Cream Blush Palette in Soft swatches

Overall, I'm really enjoying this palette and I love these subtle, everyday shades for my light skin tone. Most days, I wear these alone and I don't mind if they fade but if I'm going somewhere special and I want my blush to last, I layer a powder blush on top and I'm good to go for the entire day. 

Have you tried these blush palettes yet? 

Grab yours now at elfcosmetics.com

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh. I picked up 2 ELF palettes, but not this. I will definitely be picking this up. It's beautiful!
    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are so gorgeous! I like them even better than the powder blush palette! :)

      Delete
  2. This palette is so pretty and I have been looking for it at places with a larger ELF display but have not found it. I'm am disappointed with the wear time, I'm not really one who wants to add additional products so I think I will cease looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was kind of hoping it would be long lasting on it's own, but no such luck. It's a shame because the colors are gorgeous! I wear them alone most days but then again, I usually go out in the morning when my makeup is fresh. Most of the time I don't go out again late in the day so I don't mind if it's worn off by then. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig