Sephora Mystery Mascara Benefit Roller Lash!

**Update** This is, in fact Benefit Roller Lash! It's been confirmed. Below is my Roller Lash Review.

My original post from last week is below: 


Yesterday, I received a mysterious package in the mail from Sephora and POPSUGAR. Inside, there was a blank tube of mascara with no branding on it, and a card asking me to try it and post the results to Instagram. It said that the brand will be revealed on Feb 2, which is only a few days away. But I'm pretty confident I already know what it is! 
I'm terrible at waiting...I was that kid who snooped for her Christmas presents and as an adult, I always look at spoilers whether it be for a subscription box I'm getting, or finding out the plot of a movie. So waiting for this is pure torture. But thanks to one of my Instagram followers, I now think this is Benefit's brand new, not-yet released Roller Lash. Once she told me her suspicion, I went straight to Google and found some reviews from UK bloggers about Roller Lash. Not to mention that when I first took the tube out of the envelope yesterday, I said to my husband, "this looks like the tube for Benefit's Bad Gal Lash".  Something about it just said Benefit to me.


Here's a link to a really in-depth review of it from a blogger who went to a launch party for Roller Lash- she talk about all aspects of it from the brush design to the formula- FacesByGrace.
In a nutshell, Benefit wanted to create a formula for customers with straight lashes and smaller eyes. The brush is inspired by hair rollers and has tiny hooks that catch and lift the lashes, giving a curled effect without having to use an eyelash curler. Here's what it looks like:
When you compare it to the brush on my mystery mascara below, they look really similar and if you look close, you can see the tiny little hooks at the end of each bristle on the bottom side.  Also, you can see a tiny bit of pink at the head of the brush, which tells me that this wand was originally pink. Finally, the card that I was sent with the product says, "Innovative brush 'hooks' your lashes for visible lift, giving you a super-curl that lasts for 12 hours".  So that's my guess!  We'll see on Monday Feb 2 if my suspicions are correct.
Ok, on to the results!  I was definitely intrigued when I read about Roller Lash but I didn't expect results this great...
Before

After

After

After
Can you believe the crazy curl?! My lashes were seriously almost touching my eyelids, they were so curled and long.  It didn't clump at all and I didn't need a million coats to get a good result. Also, unlike They're Real, my lashes don't feel stiff at all- they're super soft and feel like they have nothing on them.  I assume it would have to be pretty weightless to allow your lashes to hold a curl like that!

So anyway, I'll update you on Monday when I find out what mascara this is, but I'm pretty sure it's Roller Lash!
What do you think of the results?

17 comments

  1. I'm now so excited for this! I have very straight lashes that rely on waterproof mascara to hold what I accomplish with a lash curler, in addition to slightly hooded eyes. I hope this works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Kara and Chant, I apologize...something happened to your comment when I tried to approve it. Sorry about that! But to answer your question, so far it hasn't smudged at all but I've only been wearing it for about 5 hours, so if it does, I'll update you here!

      Delete
    2. That's okay. Thank you! That is my biggest issue with mascara. glad to hear it didn't on you.

      Delete
  3. This mascara excites me but I keep reading it as "roller rash".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't tell you who I work for ;) but you are spot on missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I NEED to try this. I have small eyes, my lashes are short and straight, and don't hold curl well, and I'm too rushed in the morning to curl them. Your lashes look crazy long and curled! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out! Hopefully it'll be released soon.

      Delete
  6. How many coats did you put on and did you use a primer or anything underneath?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No primer, and that's about 3 coats or so. I get right into the base of my lashes and wiggle the brush the whole way up. :)

      Delete
  7. Sephora is out so as soon as they get it in I will order! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I thhought it was roller lash going by the description

    Danielle Mac

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig