L'oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip wear Review and Swatches

Last month, I spotted some new lip products from L'oreal at CVS called Pro-Last Lip Color ($13.99 each).  They come in 17 shades and claim to have 24 hour coverage without dryness.  Let's take a look! 


First of all, I just have to say that $14 for a drugstore lip product is really pretty crazy to me.  I could spend a few bucks more and get Urban Decay or Benefit lip products at Sephora. Because of the price, I was only able to buy 2 for review which was really disappointing because this line has a really nice shade range and I wanted to try more! 

Like most long-wear lip colors, these come in a double-ended tube with the color on one end, and a clear balm on the other.  I love that you can see right through the tube so you know exactly what the shades look like. 


I chose two pretty light, neutral shades- Permanent Blush and Timeless Rose.

These come with a flocked applicator that makes applying them very easy. It's not wide like their Pro-Matte gloss I reviewed last week but it's slightly longer than your average doe-foot lip gloss applicator. The formula feels super smooth and hydrating going on and you can cover your lips with color in one pass.  Once applied, the directions say to keep your lips parted for a minute or so and just let it dry.  I'm always tempted to press my lips together a few times after applying lipstick or gloss so it was hard to just sit there waiting for it to dry.  After about a minute, my lips started to feel really sticky, and then after another minute, they felt dry and I was able to apply the balm.
The balm is in a stick, which I find much easier to apply than a clear gloss-style balm like Rimmel's Provacalips.  It's just a quick swipe without having to use a second applicator wand. The balm feels soft and smooth with no stickiness and helped my lips to stay comfortable for the next 3-4 hours or so.  After that, my lips started to feel a little bit dry...not overly so but enough to make me want to use the balm again.  After the second application I didn't need to use the balm again.  I wore this the rest of the evening and overnight to see what would happen.  When I went to bed, I had been wearing it for about 10 hours and it was still going strong, through eating and drinking.  In the morning, the color was still there, but it had faded quite a bit. To remove these completely, you really need an oil-based makeup remover.

Here are some swatches on my skin. Permanent Blush is a really pretty pinky nude. It had a hint of shimmer but that wasn't noticeable on my lips. Timeless Rose is a beautiful pink-rose shade with a bit more shimmer in it, but it wasn't glittery.
Left: Permanent Blush
Right: Timeless Rose
Here they are on my lips...this is just applied without the clear balm on top.
Permanent Blush


Timeless Rose
Overall, I would say that these are the most hydrating long-wear lip product I've tried. They've come a long way from those horribly drying formulas of the past.  As a person with really dry lips in the winter, I have always stayed away from long-wear lip products but now I feel like I can actually wear them without having to apply the balm every half an hour! These are very similar to Rimmel's Provacalips, but I think these are slightly more hydrating and I like the range of shades a lot more.  
Unfortunately, the $14 price tag these come with is kind of a let-down so if you're looking for a long-wearing lip color and you can find a shade you like in the Rimmel Provacalips range ($8.49 each), I would recommend those because I found the formulas and wear time to be very similar. I still want to try more shades in this range though, so I may wait until they go on sale or I have some CVS Extra-Bucks to spend. 
What do you guys think?  Have you seen or tried these yet?  Are you into long-wear lip color or do you favor other types of lip products?


5 comments

  1. Wow that sure is a bit pricey. I come from Denmark and Drugstore makeup here costs at least 50-70% more than they do in the US so I will probably NOT be picking this one up if it's already that pricey in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, $14 for a drugstore lippie is a lot, you can almost get a MAC lipstick for that price. But if I wait for BOGO 50% off and clip some coupons, I can get the price down. I've tried the Rimmel Provocolips and while they are pretty good for long wear, I like the shade range here better,so I'm going to give some a try. Those colors look really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are $9.99 at Target :-) I picked one up yesterday. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I find CVS to be the most expensive out of the drugstores, but at the time my Target didn't carry these. If I buy more shades, I'll definitely get them at Target! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig