Beauty Box 5 December 2014 Review and Unboxing

I got my Beauty Box 5 in the mail this week and I was excited as always, to see what was inside.  For those of you who don't know about Beauty Box 5, it's a monthly beauty subscription box that gives you 5 curated beauty samples for $12 a month (or $8.25 a month if you sign up for a 1 year subscription!).


The first product in the box is Lucky #6 by Lucky Brand.  I love their jeans, but I'm not head-over-heels for this fragrance, which is described as lotus, tiger lily, cashmere woods and jasmine.  It kind of smells old-lady to me- floral and a bit powdery. I feel like fragrance is very hit or miss in a subscription box because of the personal nature of it.  I don't find this scent offensive in any way, it's just not for me.

Body Drench Lip Drench (full size $4.99) is a nice lip balm that's pomegranate scented.  It contains Vitamin E and other moisturizing ingredients and feels moisturizing on the lips.  It's not super exciting but you can never have too many lip balms, especially in the winter!



This glitter nail polish by Nanacoco (full size $3.95) is really festive and perfect for the holidays! I love the combination of bright blue and pink...it's so pretty!  I've gotten other Nanacoco nail polishes in the past and they have a really strong smell so I usually have to open a window when I use these. But they're long lasting and go on smooth, so I'm happy to get this!
Juice Beauty is a brand that is pretty expensive so I've never owned one of their full-size products, but I've tried some samples of their Green Apple Peel in the past and really liked it.  This moisturizer contains plant and fruit acids to reduce wrinkles and combat sun damage, plus it's organic!
These Absolute! New York Nail Polish Remover pads (full size, $2.99) are amazing and I'm actually really psyched to get these because I'm so lazy when it comes to removing polish.  I usually end up picking it off over time but these are so easy and they smell good (peach...mmm).
Overall, I like this month's box and will use everything except the perfume, which I'll probably gift to a friend or family member. If you're interested in signing up for Beauty Box 5, click here.

1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig