Beauty Box 5 August 2014 Unboxing

My Beauty Box 5 arrived yesterday and as usual, I was excited to see what was inside! For those of you who might be unfamiliar with Beauty Box 5, they are a monthly beauty sample subscription service. For $12 a month, they give you 5 samples (and usually one full size!).
Take a look...


This month's theme is Radiant and Remarkable. 
LA Fresh Travel Lite Oil-Free Makeup Remover Wipes (8 wipes, approximate value$2.49)-
I've gotten LA Fresh wipes in other beauty boxes and as far as makeup remover wipes go, they're great! Is it the most thrilling thing to get in a subscription box? No, but they will get used!

pur~lisse pur~protect SPF 30 (Sample size, 0.5oz/15ml, approximate value $16.80)-

                          
I've also gotten this pur~lisse cream in another box so this is a repeat for me. The full size of this is quite expensive at $55, and while it's a nice cream with SPF, it doesn't do much other than moisturize. Since I'm looking to reverse aging, I tend to go for more aggressive formulas. But this would be great for someone who just wears basic moisturizer since it's not greasy at all and feels nice on the skin.

Style Essentials Nail Polish (approximate value $1.75)-
                          
This is part of a set of 4 nail polishes called Touch of Teal.  I believe this is the glittery top coat from the set. It's clear polish with really chunky glitter- the kind that works best over another color rather than on its own.

Novex Brazilian Keratin Treatment (Sample size, 1.05oz/30g, approximate value $0.62)
                           
 This is a keratin conditioning treatment that you leave in for 25 minutes. My hair is on the verge of breaking from bleach and heat styling so I'm super excited to try this!

Nanacoco Lip Gloss in Secret Crush (Full size, 6.5ml, value $3.99)

 This peachy pink gloss looked so pretty when I swatched it on my skin, but when I put it on my lips the shade looked really frosty and pale. I do like the consistency and it has a sweet scent that I also like. It has a nice wide doe foot applicator too. So I think I would have liked this gloss in another shade. Ordinarily, I love nude glosses but this just didn't look the same on my lips as it did in the tube.

Overall, this hasn't been my most favorite Beauty Box 5, but I'll still use most of the products. I usually love everything in my box, so it's bound to happen that I get one once in a while that doesn't thrill me.
This box had a total value of approximately $25.65.

To subscribe to Beauty Box 5, please click here.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig