Ipsy Glam Bag May 2014

Happy Monday everyone!  I got my Ipsy Glam Bag over the weekend, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the products I got this month.  It was almost all skincare, and I saw on Ipsy's website that other people got a Too Faced Bronzer, an Eva NY hair mask (which I could really use!), and a Revlon Matte Balm.  So I wish they had included more variety in this month's bag, but oh well.  Ipsy is usually my favorite bag every month, but I guess they can't be #1 all the time! Here's what I got...


Pacifica Mineral Eye Shadow Duo- These are coconut infused shadows and they gave me some pretty shades, although very neutral and a tad boring.  I already have so many colors like this, but I do like the finish these have and I'm sure I'll use them.  This was the only makeup that was in my bag this month.


Pur~lisse Pur-Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer- This is a nice moisturizer and to be fair, I did say that I had dry skin when I took Ipsy's quiz.  I will definitely use this, but again I'm a little bored by it.  I have so many face moisturizers.  That's not Ipsy's fault though.


Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask- This is the one product I got excited about in this month's bag, because it's different and interesting!  This mask is supposed to exfoliate and smooth the skin, and after wearing it for 10 minutes or so, you peel it off (reminds me of the cucumber peel-off masks I used in high school!).  


Avene Eau Thermale Themal Spring Water- Ok, so I know plenty of people use these water mists, but I've always found them to be a little silly, at least for me.  I don't really travel on planes much or live in an arid climate where I would feel like misting water on my face, and if I did, I think I'd probably just put my 100% pure well water into a mister and use that rather than spending crazy amounts of money on WATER, even if it is from France. A can of this stuff is $18! So yeah, I'll probably take this on vacation next month and use it, just because I have it. But I don't think I could ever bring myself to actually buy this.


Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Pure White Mineral Sunscreen- I like the idea of an all natural mineral based sunscreen, but this was thick and sticky and hard to absorb into my skin.  It felt oily and was separated when coming out of the tube.  Plus since it's mineral based, it left a white coating on my skin so I wasn't too impressed by this one.

Well, that's what I got!  I would say that so far this month, Ipsy falls third on my list after Beauty Box 5 (#1) and Julep Maven (#2).  I normally love Ipsy, and they're usually at the top of my list, so I have to cut them some slack this month.  But I'd love to see a bigger variety next time, not just skincare- maybe some perfumes, makeup and hair products!  Also, it would be helpful if Ipsy started including a card like Birchbox, Julep and Beauty Box 5 that lists what's in the bag and has a short description and pricing.  That way I won't have to look everything up to see what it's supposed to do, the ingredients, etc. 
So what did you get in your Ipsy Glam Bag this month?  Was it like mine, or a little more interesting?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig