ELF Studio HD Blush Headliner Review and Swatches

I don't know why it's taken me so long to write this review because I've been using this blush for about 2 years now and it's one of the best blushes out there while also being one of the cheapest. 
The ELF website says it's $3, I got mine at Target for the random amount of $3.04. I guess .04 is their markup but why not make it .05? Anyway, its dirt cheap, yet the formula is simply outstanding. This review is for the lightest shade, Headliner (it comes in 5 shades total). 

The packaging is your basic ELF packaging, simple and black. 


 This comes in a pump and is easy to control. Its not like some pumps that dispense way too much...you can press it lightly and just dispense a tiny dab. Really, the teeniest little dot is all it takes or you risk looking like a clown- this stuff is that pigmented. Just make sure to shake it well or it may separate a bit.

 Here I dispensed way too much for the purposes of this review. I would only use about 1/100th of that on my face.


Here's what that ended up looking like on my arm...this swatch is about 6 inches long and not even close to blended out. That's why you really need just a little bit. 
 I dabbed my finger into the big swatch and blended a little so you can see how it looks. This shade is so pretty and has a bit of shimmer for a soft focus effect.



This blush feels velvety soft and not drying at all. If lasts all day and after 8 hours it was still visible, though it had faded some. 

Let's check the product claims...

1. Naturally sculpts and highlights for a soft-focus effect- YES
2. Vitamin E enriched formula hydrates the skin- YES
3. Velvety soft, lightweight, high pigment lasts all day- YES to all!

If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it! This is a super high quality blush for $3. It has more pigment than many blushes costing even 8-10 times more. Its an amazing bargain...run to your local Target and pick this up, or head over to ELF's website below. You won't be disappointed!

2 comments

  1. I have this in the shade Diva which is bright but I'm liking this shade in your swatches. Think I might pick one up! This is the best cream blush out there IMO and it lasts forever because you need so little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this exact elf hd blush for $1 at my local dollar tree.Put half the size of a pea to swatch on my wrist and it was still too much so you just need a very small amount and it'll be perfect.It also blends perfectly but it does dry fairly quick too.Very happy with this find :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig