29 By Lydai Mondavi First Crush Lip Scrub Review

Back in March, I reviewed the Wine Blot Lip Balm by 29 by Lydia Mondavi when the luxury brand first debuted at Target. I had purchased this lip scrub ($10) at the same time and have been using it ever since. Like the lip balm, this packaging is ultra luxurious. The box features raised silver grapevines on the sides and silver and brown accents.  


The tube is exactly like the Wine Blot balm- it's heavy and very expensive-feeling in your hand.
Like a lot of similar lip scrubs, this comes in the form of a bullet that you apply directly to your lips. It contains some really moisturizing ingredients such as Grape Seed Extract, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter, with Apricot Seed Powder as the exfoliant.  I much prefer this type over the ones in the jar- it's more sanitary and a lot less mess.  This took a few swipes to bring the apricot seeds to the surface.  The instructions say to apply it and then rub your lips together.  That works well, but I found that if I rub it in with my finger it increases the exfoliation even more.

After rubbing it in, you just remove it with a tissue.  I found that afterwards, it left behind a layer of moisture and it felt like I had lip balm on already! No other lip scrub I've tried has left my lips feeling so hydrated and soft. It minimized the lines in my lips and they looked younger, smoother and plumped.

So to wrap up, I'll just go through the claims:

Like a mini facial for your lips- YES
Leave lips feeling smooth and prepped for intense hydration- YES
Keep lips looking young and vibrant- YES

This one definitely lives up to all it's claims, and is a fantastic price for the luxurious packaging and formula!  Head over to your local Target or Target.com to purchase.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig