Wantable Beauty Box January 2014 Reveal

This month, I got the opportunity to try a new beauty subscription box (well, new to me) called Wantable. I was so excited, because Wantable is completely different than the others I subscribe to. 

It costs a bit more...$36/month for subscription, or $40 for a one time box.  But, you get all full-sized products inside, not just samples.  Also, they offer prestige beauty brands that are indie and up-and-coming, so you get to try some new products you either didn't know about yet, or that you don't see in your local stores. 

When you sign up, you take a quiz letting them know your makeup preferences by rating products and shades "love", "like", or "dislike".  You'll never get anything you've disliked in your box, which is awesome!  I said that I disliked dark lip colors, and also brow products.  I actually like brow products, but have so many that I don't want any more.  So you can really customize your box, which is so fun. You can also return your box if you don't like it...how many subscription services let you do that?!

So what did I get in my Wantable box this month?
Lets find out...




This powder is supposed to take the place of foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow and lipstick (if applied over chapstick).
It comes with eye and lip applicators and you're supposed to buff the product into your face using a swirling motion.  The shade is one-size-fits-all, and I haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty dark, so on me it might be more like a bronzer. 



I've seen these at J. Crew and while I had heard of this Swedish beauty brand, I had never tried anything from the before.  I love this periwinkle blue shade, it's perfect for Spring!  


Michael Marcus is an international makeup artist, and fans of his brand include Marcia Cross and Paris Hilton. I'm always excited to get brushes because good ones are expensive and I rarely buy them, so this made me happy!



This pencil is so creamy and soft, it can be used as an eyeliner or eyeshadow.  I love the silver shade also!  



Sorme is a brand that is all about infusing their makeup with skincare botanicals, antioxidants and peptides.  You can't actually order from their website, but I found this in other online stores. This blush is a nice neutral color and it's very soft and pigmented!

I received about $128 worth of product in this month's Wantable box!  I really enjoyed checking out some new brands and seeing if I would get products based on my quiz answers, which I did!  By the way, Wantable also offers an Intimates box and an Accessories box- those sound really fun also!


Have you tried any of Wantable's subscriptions?  I'd love to hear what you think!







5 comments

  1. Wow I never heard of Wantable, but I love that they give you more unknown brands. I'm getting tired of the same old brands in other boxes and in the stores. I'm looking for new stuff and this seems to be the ticket. It's more $ but worth it for that much product. Thanks for writing about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! This is Lindsey from Wantable.

    Thanks so much for your wonderful review!! We're glad you enjoyed the products!

    Leah, we love finding unique brands with great stories to tell. Hope you try us out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Birchbox, Ipsy, and Sample Society and I've been thinking of joining Wantable. I've been back and forth between the accessory box or beauty box. I might try each one for a month and see what I like better. I've read so many reviews of both and they honestly both look good. Sigh...what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beauty box reviews, will you be doing more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,
    Yes, I'm going to make subscription box reviews a bigger part of the blog, so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig