Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara Review

I really like Rimmel mascaras for the most part, but I haven't had much luck with any of the Scandaleyes line.  I find the brushes to be too big to control and the formulas are just so-so, at least on me.  So when I spotted the new Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara, which is new for Spring 2014, I thought I'd give it one more shot.

The packaging claims to give a bold, wide-eyed look and that you can get a big, false lash look in "one simple stroke".  I haven't found a mascara yet that can do that in one coat, usually I have to build several to get a false lash look.  So lets see what happens...

This has an oversized brush, similar to the other Scandaleyes formulas, but this one is an hourglass shape that's supposed to fan out the lashes to give "bold wide-eyed volume".  

I found the formula to be a little on the wetter side but not too bad.  The large brush caused me to get some mascara on my eyelids, despite my best efforts to be careful.  I did like the way the shape of the brush was able to grab lashes at the corners and it combed through them nicely to avoid clumping. 

While I was able to get length out of this one, my lashes lacked much volume.  One coat didn't really do a whole lot for my lashes and I found that I needed multiple coats to get a lot of length.  

Before:

After 1 Coat:

After Several Coats:
Overall, I got nice length from Retro Glam and not a lot of clumps.  It also didn't smudge.  But if you're looking for tons of volume, you won't get it here. Think I'll stick with Rimmel's Max Bold Curves, which is my favorite in their line.

What do you think?  Have you had any luck with the Scandaleyes line?


1 comment

  1. Yeah this is just MEH. I got it last week and was not too impressed. I like the Rimmel Sexy Curves best myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig