L'Oreal Volume Filler Review- Densifying Gelee, Shampoo and Conditioner

Since I have fine, limp hair I'm always looking for the next product that's going to give me volume...minus the stickiness of course.  That last part is hard to find and it's almost a catch-22 because fine hair can't handle a lot of product, but you have to put product in to get volume.  Ugh...story of my life.

I saw L'Oreal's new Volume Filler line at Target recently and had to have it.  I purchased the Shampoo, Conditioner and Densifying Gelee ($5.99 each).  There is also a Volume Filler concentrate that gets mixed with your conditioner but I didn't purchase that.


There isn't a whole lot to say about the Shampoo and Conditioner- they smell nice and made my hair feel soft, but not weighed down. They definitely add to the thickness of my hair, because when I used only the Densifying Gelee with a different shampoo and conditioner, my hair didn't have as much volume.  Here's the label on the back that describes them:

I wanted to focus on the Densifying Gelee, because it's a dupe for another more expensive product that I love, so I'm really excited about that!  
Here's the label that describes it:

When I first used this product, I thought, "Wow, this feels and smells exactly like Redken's 07 Velvet Gelatine Volumizing Blow Dry Gel.  Literally...same scent, same texture!  Then I found out that L'Oreal owns Redken, so that makes sense!  The other interesting thing, is that on Redken's website, the description is very similar...they even use some of the same wording that you see on the back of the bottle in my photo above!
  • Light, airy gel melts into hair for a soft velour-like finish with natural looking shine
  • Creates volume, shine and texture


The Densifying Gelee is a gel, but feels like a cream...it's very unique.  It doesn't have a lot of slip to it, so it's a bit difficult to spread through the hair.  So what I do is section my hair into 4 or 5 sections so that I have smaller areas to work with.

 I remember when I first used the Redken Velvet Gelatine, I thought that the thickness of the product would weigh my hair down, but it didn't at all- I had a nice bouncy blowout with no stickiness with that product, and the same holds true for L'Oreal's version.  My hair felt amazing...light, bouncy and smooth.

Here are some before and afters...the first photo was taken a couple of months ago on Thanksgiving.  I was having a particularly flat hair day, but you can see how fine my hair is.

This next photo is right after using the Volume Filler Shampoo, Conditioner and Densifying Gelee...my hair is longer now, and that means more weight but it still has way more volume than before.


The next day I tried using just the Gelee, and not the shampoo and conditioner, and while I still got some volume, it wasn't as much as when I used them together.

I'm so happy I found this line and that it really works well for my hair!  I'm also psyched to find a dupe for my favorite Redken gel, since it's really hard to find these days, and also expensive!



I'll pin this to my Dupes Board on Pinterest.

3 comments

  1. I've been sulfate free for about 3 to 4 years now. So I won't be trying the shampoo. I'm also really into Wen cleansing conditioners, they really do wonders for my fine super damaged hair. BUT I am looking forward to trying that blow drying cream! I might try that mix in product with my wen. Hopefully that works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Just bought this, can't wait to see how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 68 years old with very pretty silver hair. All my life, I've had thin, fine hair (so said my hairdresser), and have never been able to style it myself. With the Volume Filler Thickening Shapoo, I can now style my hair and it look FABULOUS. My kids keep remarking that I look like I've been to the salon!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig