Maybelline Dream Bouncy Bronzer Review in Glistening Sun

Last weekend at Harmons I spotted Maybelline's new Dream Bouncy Bronzer.  It follows on the heels of their very popular Dream Bouncy blushes that were first released in January 2012.  There were two available shades, and I went with the lighter one, since I'm fair, called Glistening Sun.  

It has the exact same texture as the Bouncy Blush...it feels like silly putty when you dip your finger into it, and it's an extremely lightweight cream that melts into the skin and feels like a powder. 

The next photo shows what happens when you dip your finger into the product- it leaves a dent in the putty-like product and then you can just push it back together with your finger into its original shape.
Here's what the color looks like on paper: 

And here's what it looks like on me (not rubbed in): 


And here's what it looks like rubbed in: 


I found it to be a little bit orange on me at first, but once it was rubbed in, it wasn't too bad. I think since I have pink undertones instead of yellow, anything with a tiny bit of orange seems to pop out more.  It does have a lot of sparkle, which makes me want to limit how much I use.  I would probably just wear this as a highlight in any areas I'd want a little bit of a glow, such as my cheekbones.  With this much shimmer, I don't think I'll wear this all over- it would just be too much.   

Have you tried this yet?  




1 comment

  1. Thank you so much, I've been dying to know what these are like. I love the bouncy blush! The sparkles are kind of a bummer but I'll probably pick one up at some point, the texture is just so fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig