Lady Soma Antioxidant Berry Masque Review

Lady Soma is a new brand based in New York City that offers an all natural, holistic line of skincare and supplements made specifically for women (www.ladysoma.com). I was recently given the opportunity to sample some of their skincare products, and I want to tell you about two of my favorites- the Renewal Serum and the Antioxidant Berry Masque. Since there is so much to talk about with these products, I'm going to make it into 2 posts so it doesn't get too long.  First, I'll go over the Antioxidant Berry Masque.


First off, the thing I love about this line is that when I read the ingredient panel on each of their products, I could pronounce and recognize just about every ingredient- and the few that I couldn't, I looked up, and found that they were all natural and not as scary as they sounded! The products are paraben free, using only botanical preservatives, all of their ingredients are organic, and they never use genetically altered produce/grains.  
Now, on to the masque!
I've been a little obsessed with masques lately, so I decided to do a "spa night" after a rough day at work.  I was really excited to relax in my jetted tub with the Antioxidant Berry Masque on.  
The masque comes in a simple, plastic jar, and is 4oz.  

This masque is loaded with antioxidants to neutralize free radicals that are sitting on your skin and attacking your cells, contributing to the aging process.  Jojoba beads, hibiscus buds and cranberry fibers act as mild exfoliants, and aloe vera calms and soothes the skin.  
When I first opened the jar, I was hit with the scent of fresh blueberries- this smells just like a fruit smoothie- absolutely amazing!  And the best part is, it's not a synthetic fruit smell, it's the actual scent of the fruit extracts.  
The product itself is tan in color, flecked with the fruit fibers.  It's not the prettiest color, but I'm glad because there are no artificial colors added.  
The masque is very thick and rich, and you can see by the picture below just how thick it is: 
When you spread it out on your skin, it looks like this: 
I saw some other reviews on this masque and a couple of people said it stung their skin a little bit, but it didn't sting mine at all.  My skin is pretty tolerant to fruit acids and exfoliants, though.  If you have really reactive/sensitive skin, you might want to make sure none of the ingredients in this will bother you, but it's really pretty mild and wouldn't bother the average person.  I just wanted to put that out there, in case.
When I rinsed the Antioxidant Berry Masque off, my skin just glowed!  It looked clear and fresh and felt really soft.  I didn't have any redness and it didn't feel dry or tight.  
I will definitely be using this masque at least once a week to freshen up my complexion and neutralize free radicals.  
This masque costs $32.99 at LadySoma.com, which is a little higher than other skincare products I've reviewed, but it contains all high-quality organic ingredients, and they don't come cheap.  If you're looking for a good quality, delicious smelling, organic masque to brighten and renew your skin, you'll definitely want to give this a try! 

Disclaimer: Jenna has personally reviewed the product listed above. She has not received any monetary compensation for her review but did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.











5 comments

  1. I'm a sucker for masks and this looks fabulous! Gotta love an all natural product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The masque looks so good. Gonna try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love masks! Thanks for the review- I can't wait to try this one- it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already ordered this and it's on its way. I can't wait until it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i use this to rub off cellulite. very effective and smells great

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig