Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeliner Review


The other day, when I was in Walgreens, I heard a woman complaining to her friend that eyeliners have gotten too expensive.  "I remember when they used to be like $4 or $5 bucks" she was saying.  Her friend pointed out one from Wet N Wild that was $ .99 and said, "what about this one? It's only $.99 cents!"  
"No way," the first woman said.  "For .99 it has to be crap."

So after they left, I decided I was going to buy one and try it out to see if a .99 cent eyeliner could stand up to more expensive ones. In the past,  I've found that you can't always go by price when it comes to quality.  I've tried some awful products that cost a ton of money, and some amazing products that were dirt cheap, so I refuse to be a makeup snob.  I ended up getting one in Black Black.

The first thing I want to say about the Color Icon eyeliners is that they are huge!   For .99, you're really getting a lot for your money, and it's going to last you a really long time.  Look at it next to my Revlon and CoverGirl black eyeliners...

One of my fears was that this was going to be too waxy or hard, and not glide smoothly.  Some eyeliners are so hard, you just end up tugging at your eyelids trying to line them.  Not so with this one...it's soft, smooth and glides beautifully.  It's also nicely pigmented and gives a nice dark line.  


The only potentially negative thing about this eyeliner is that it's a little easier to smudge than some.  This can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on what you're looking for.  If you're going for a smoky eye look, and you want to be able to smudge your liner a little before it sets, and this one will work really well for that, because of it's soft formula.  But if you rub your eyes a lot, or have very watery eyes, this one might not last as long as a waterproof liner.  

Overall, I would say that it has really good staying power for a non-waterproof formula, and the creamy, soft formula rivals much more expensive pencil eyeliners.  Plus, the large size will last a really long time.  For .99 cents, you can't beat this eyeliner! 

I owe the woman at Walgreens a thank you for inadvertently making me try this one!

1 comment

  1. HA! That woman doesn't know how awesome WNW products are! It just goes to show you that some people are afraid to buy cheaper products thinking that they aren't as good, but so often, they really are.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig