Maybelline Instant Age Rewind The Eraser Concealer Review


I really love Maybelline's Eraser foundation, so I was jumping up and down in the drugstore when I saw that they had come out with a concealer version.

Here's what the Maybelline website says:

• Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smoothes.
• Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.

It has the same Goji Berry complex that the foundation has, which makes it a treatment for the skin and has anti-aging properties. In addition to the regular shades, they have a Neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles and a brightener shade that just adds luminosity. 


First, I love the applicator.  It's a furry, super soft sponge-like tip that you can use to apply the product and then blend it to your heart's content- no fingers!! It feels so good against the skin, and doesn't pull on the eye area.  It's also anti-microbial, and the packaging tells you not to run it under water- just clean with a dry tissue.


My one complaint with the applicator is that the first time you use it you have to twist it a lot to get the product to come up, but you can't see it until you've twisted too much- and made a big mess.  I would suggest twisting a few times and running it across the back of your hand, and just repeat this process until the product starts to come out. Once you get it going, 2 clicks is enough to dispense the product. 

The consistency of the product is ultra-light- almost like a moisturizer.  The best part is that it's not cakey, so it's great for anyone who is worried about fine lines.  But, it doesn't cover much.  As you can see from my before and after photos below, it brightens, and hides some light discolorations, but there is still a little darkness under my eyes.  I'm thinking maybe the Neutralizer shade would have to be used in conjunction with this to cover dark circles. (Before is on the left, after is on the right)

So if you're looking for a product to brighten the eye area and diffuse, but not totally cover flaws, this is the perfect product for you.  I've been using it every day and I just add a little extra concealer if I'm going out at night, or something.  I also love that it makes wrinkles less noticeable, where other concealers tend to sink in and accentuate them. 

This product cost around $8.49 at CVS.

5 comments

  1. It doesn't cover that much from what I can see from your pictures, but if anything, it seems to brighten and even reduce under-eye wrinkles a bit! It's not like you have really dark circles or anything- I do, so I don't know if this product would work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle, but honestly, I have tiny wrinkles around my eyes but whenever I use concealer, they seem magnified because it just sinks in and makes them look worse. So I would rather use a product like this that makes my eyes look younger, rather than spackling them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybelline products are really competitive and one of the best in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brightener/luminizer shade is my miracle concealer! I have extremely dark circles and fine lines and this shade covers EVERY BIT of darkness and doesn't highlight the lines or sink into them! It lasts until I take it off and is awesome at reducing puffiness! It gives just enough brightness (with no sparkle) to make my ahem, more mature eye area look youthful again! I could fill a bath tub with all the high and low end concealers I've bought and tried and this one beats them all, at any price, hands down...IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I've been using this for a while, my fondness for it has grown. I've tried some other concealers in the meantime and always go back to this one because it's really the only one that doesn't sink into lines. It does a good job at covering most things, except maybe really dark circles. Overall, I love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig