Sunday Drugstore Mini Haul, NYC Cosmetics, Essie, St. Ives

Today was a lazy Sunday and I was just running some errands, so when I got to CVS, I thought I would treat myself to some new products.
After reading an article in Allure Magazine on drugstore shopping secrets, (see a few posts down), I now check to see if an eyeliner is made in Germany before I buy them.  NYC Cosmetics makes a waterproof eyeliner that is made in Germany, so I picked up one in Mink brown for $3.99. It goes on super smooth and crayon-like, perfect for smudging!  It also doesn't budge until you wash it off with soap.

Then I saw IndividualEyes Custom Compact palettes (also by NYC) that are supposed to enhance certain eye colors, so I picked up the one for blue eyes called Smoky Blues- it comes with a highlighter and primer also, and was only $4.99!
This palette has a golden color, a grayish green, copper brown, and plummy gray. Another cool thing about this palette is that it shows you which colors go where, and how to apply them.
Here are the swatches alone, without any primer: the highlighter is first, followed by the golden color, which is very light.
Here are the colors again- this time, the ones in the top row are with the primer underneath- makes a difference!

While I was on my NYC kick, I decided to try their blush stick in a pretty pink color- Big Apple Blush.  This was also only $3.99.
As you can see, it's pink with a little shimmer- perfect for highlighting.
Here it is on my arm, not blended in very well, so you can see the color better:

Since I'm addicted to Essie Nail polish, I got a bright summer pink called Mod Square for $8.

Finally, I've been looking for a scrub that has a little more power behind it than the average exfoliating body wash.  I feel like most aren't grainy enough for me- I really like gritty scrubs. I found one by St Ives that looked promising. Here are the labels:


This scrub is exactly what I was looking for.  It's more grainy than other body washes with exfoliating beads, because it contains sea salt as well.  I also love that it doesn't have an oily texture like some scrubs do, so it's a great scrub for using before applying self-tanner.  I also looove the scent- it's very fresh and spa like.  And of course I love the price- it was like $1.99!
All in all, I'm enjoying playing with my new products!  Has anyone here had any experience with the NYC line?  Good or bad?

XO Jenna

6 comments

  1. I love your leather bracelet that's shown in the eyeshadow pic- where did u get it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any NYC products, but now that you have, I think I'll give them a try. Also, I bought a St. Ives oatmeal bath/shower wash and love it, so this looks like something I can try. I'll give you an update and let you know how the products are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hailey,
    Thanks! I got it at Target a few weeks ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginger, thanks that would be great! I'd love to hear what you think! They seem like decent products for the price- they're cheaper than other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried the NYC blush stick, and it is nice but wears off sort of quickly. I layer a powder blush over it and the shimmery-ness of it still shines thru a little but makes it last much much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my absolute favorite eyeliner! (in Mink also) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig