Gold Bond Sheer Ribbons Body Lotion Review


I was at Walgreens yesterday, and I saw a new display of Gold Bond Sheer Ribbons Body lotion.  The packaging caught my eye first- the lotion is in metal bottles instead of plastic.  Now, if I'm being totally honest, when I think of Gold Bond, I think of the medicated foot powder- totally unsexy.  So needless to say, I haven't tried any of their body lotions, though they've been around a long time. 

This one actually had testers to try, so I thought, "why not?" 
This stuff is amazing!  It comes in two formulas- Pearl Radiance and Silk Softness.  
The pearl formula contains a hint of shine- not shimmer or sparkle, it just gives the skin a subtle pearlized effect and makes it look radiant.
The Silk softness formula contains silk proteins to make your skin buttery smooth.
I tried both- one on each arm, and walked around the drugstore for a few minutes.  Here's what I observed:
Both formulas come out in a flat, ribbon shape when you press down on the pump.  Both are extremely creamy and almost have the consistency of a primer- they smooth into skin and disappear quickly without leaving residue.  

Both have very subtle fragrances that smell wonderful- I liked them both.
The arm that I put the silk softness on seemed a bit softer than the pearly one, although I really liked the pearl effect.  Then I realized that the silk softness formula also seemed to have a pearly effect, so I purchased that one.  Here's the label.


They retail for $9.99, which seemed reasonable for what you're getting.  It's a large bottle- 23oz., and the product is fantastic.  It even softened my knees, and heels, which is a rare thing!
If anyone has seen this in stores, or has tried it, I'd love to hear your opinions!

7 comments

  1. I tried this in the drugstore, and I also fell in love with it. It's super creamy but it dries quickly. I bought the pearl one, but I think it would have more of an effect on someone with darker skin, even if it was just a tan. I'm very pale and the pearl effect was hard to see unless you looked up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this @ Walgreens too. I love it! I really wanted something like this for the summer-- it is so luxurious. Thank for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the tester at walgreens (pearl,) loved it and am now on the net searching for a coupon. Gotta try to get a coupon, but will buy even if I can't find one. Love the creamy thick texture and it melts into your skin. A Winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at Walgreen's 2 days ago & came across this same lotion also & probably freaked the cashier out because I couldn't quit ranting & raving over how soft it made my skin feel. Love, love, loved it!!! Funds were low so I couldn't buy it that day... but it's definitely on my "gotta get soon as possible" list! Thanks for the review & I totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have both of them bought them in Tx. and i live in louisiana im in love with this lotion i just cant find it in my home town and im almost so i am searching every where on line please help thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,

    They sell it at Drugstore.com- both fragrances. I've bought from them in the past and they have quick shipping! Here's the link:
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=374205&catid=182918&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this ribbon lotion but it is no longer offered at the stores at least where I shop in Wisconsin. Do you have a line on it?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig