Walgreens Beauty Club Launches!

I was at Walgreens yesterday and I got so excited when the beauty advisor told me about their brand new Beauty Enthusiast program, which is part of Balance Rewards!

I don't know about you, but I've always been SO frustrated by how long it would take to earn rewards with Walgreens' Balance Rewards program. I felt like I had to spend hundreds of dollars before reaching the 5,000 points needed to get a $5 reward. Even though you could earn points faster by buying specific items, most of the time those items weren't what I was looking for.

As a result, I was buying a lot of makeup at CVS because their Extra Care beauty club gave you a $5 reward for every $50 spent on beauty. But if I'm being totally honest, I prefer shopping at Walgreens over all the other drugstores because they have some more unique drugstore brands like Circa, Soap & Glory, and Boots No. 7. Plus, they often put out new products before the other stores do.

The new Walgreens Beauty Enthusiast program now allows you to earn a $5 reward (5,000 points) for every $50 spent on beauty (just like the CVS program). This includes cosmetics, skin care, hair care, oral care, grooming, sun care, fragrance, and bath products, so it's a pretty broad range!

You can sign up for the new program (it's totally free) right on the Walgreens website here. You can sign up in-store with your Balance Rewards card.

3 comments

  1. I guess Walgreen's is trying to add some of the perks that shoppers would get from Beauty.com and Drugstore.com. Alas, I very rarely buy any cosmetics from the drugstore, but now that Walgreens has added some unique brands like Soap & Glory and Boots No. 7, it may be worthwhile to sign up. I'd still prefer the higher-end products offered on Beauty.com. -- Christina D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! Out of all the drugstores, I tend to shop at Walgreens the most, and heading into the holiday season, they have the best gift sets from Profusion and Wet n Wild, so I'm really looking forward to that. :)

      Delete
  2. I got an email about this about a week ago. I was almost a little embarrassed, as in YIKES I must spend a LOT on makeup here, for them to invite me into this!!
    I'm totally with you on CVS vs. Walgreens rewards too, I've been buying most of my drugstore makeup at CVS because their rewards are so much better, and all those extrabucks/in-app deals are pretty handy for other items too. But the Walgreens here are so much faster at putting out new stuff (especially Wet n Wild), etc. So...we shall see how it goes now!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig