Rimmel Good To Glow Highlighter | Review & Swatches

Rimmel Good To Glow Highlighter ($4.07 at Walmart) is a liquid illuminator that can be used to add radiance and glow to your skin. I picked these up back in the fall when I spotted them at Walmart and I haven't seen them in any other drugstores so far so I'm thinking they might be a Walmart exclusive...just don't quote me on that!

Packaging: 
Good to Glow comes in .84 fl oz. squeeze tubes that are shiny and gold with a screw-on cap. You actually get quite a good amount of product for the price, especially since the L'oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow highlighters are $12.99 at drugstores for only .67 fl oz.

Shade Selection: 

Good to Glow Comes in three shades...

Notting Hill Glow- a shimmering pearl shade.
Piccadilly Glow- a warm peachy shade
Soho Glow- a cooler bronze shade

Formula: 

These highlighters are a lightweight liquid that feels slightly hydrating but won't add significant moisture to your skin. They don't have that silicone-like feel that primers have...they sink in quickly with no greasy residue (think Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquids) They have a warm scent that reminds me of an oriental-type perfume...I want to say maybe Dior's Hypnotic Poison? The scent was strongest when I first smelled it in the tube but once I started blending it into my skin I didn't smell it at all.

These highlighters are meant to be worn three different ways...under foundation to give your skin a luminous glow, mixed in with foundation, or dabbed on top of foundation on the high points of your face as a highlighter.

Here's what they look like when you apply them straight from the tube:
Left to Right: Soho Glow, Piccadilly Glow, Notting Hill Glow
They all contain visible glitter, which will translate to sparkles on your skin, especially if you're using these on top of foundation. The shimmer is toned down a lot if you use them under, or mixed in with, your foundation.

The white shade Notting Hill Glow is the frostiest of the three and has the most glitter, followed by Piccadilly Glow, and then Soho Glow.

Soho Glow is the most subtle shade and is my favorite to use all over my face under foundation...even though it's a tiny bit deeper than my natural skintone, it blends in beautifully and adds a little bit of color and glow to my pale complexion. I like that it's cool-toned since that's the way my skin leans and I never have to worry about looking orange.

Piccadilly Glow is great to mix in with foundation to add a peachy glow that wakes me up a little bit when my skin is looking dull and lackluster.

Notting Hill Glow is the one I feel is most challenging to use. I find it to be too frosty and in-your-face to use all over, and it has too much sparkle for me to use as a highlighter...especially everyday. I also find liquids a bit of a challenge to use on small areas of my face...I much prefer creams and powders for that purpose.

Left to Right: Soho Glow, Piccadilly Glow, Notting Hill Glow

Left to Right: Soho Glow, Piccadilly Glow, Notting Hill Glow

When you mix these in with foundation, I discovered that they not only add glow to any formula, but they actually change the shade quite a bit! 

I took my Circa Beauty BB Cream (which has medium coverage) in Light/Medium and added a drop of the Good To Glow highlighters...

The top swatch is what the foundation looks like alone. When you add the white Notting Hill Glow to it, you can see that it significantly lightens the shade and adds a visible glow to the formula. Adding the peach Piccadilly Glow warms up the shade and adds a subtle amount of glow. Adding the cool brown Soho Glow actually cools the shade down a bit and adds just the slightest amount of sheen.
Overall, these are an interesting little drugstore find. I haven't tried the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquids, so I can't really say if these are a dupe or not, but they're a similar concept. Now that highlighting and strobing are a huge thing, these are a great way to add that coveted glow to your skin on a budget, as long as you don't mind a little glitter!

Grab yours now at Walmart.com

6 comments

  1. Thanks for this review Jen! I had no idea these even existed as I don't go to Walmart very often. I will be sure to make a trip there to get Soho and Piccadilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually had these at my Walgreens for about two months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? That's great to know! I have like 6 Walgreens stores in my area and none of them have these. I wonder if it's a regional thing?

      Delete
  3. Thank you Jenna for this post! I have such a hard time finding ANY product like this that doesn't pull orange on me - will look for soho glow! Have a great weekend (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for these since this post and was finally able to score one. I really like Notting Hill mixed with foundation. That subtle glow really works well for me. Thanks for doing the leg work!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig