The Balm Balm Desert Bronzer Blush Review



The Balm Balm Desert Bronzer review
I recently picked up The Balm's Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush ($21) while perusing the beauty section at Kohls. It looked pretty dark in the pan, but once I swatched it, I realized I had to have it! It's a beautiful rosy brown shade that's really hard to find in a sea of warm orange-based bronzers.

I have pink-toned Irish skin that burns first and tans later, so my natural tan always looks a bit rosy underneath...I call it my "burn-tan". This powder delivers that exact shade.
The Balm Balm Desert Bronzer review
As always, The Balm's packaging never disappoints. It's adorable, retro, and totally portable with a strong magnetic closure and soft cardboard packaging.
The Balm Balm Desert Bronzer Blush

Like all of The Balm's powders, this is soft, silky and oh so blendable...it's just effortless to use. It looks dark in the pan but this doesn't go on strong right away...you can easily go sheer (perfect if you're light skinned like me) or you can build it for a stronger color.

The Balm markets this as a bronzer/blush and until I tried it, I wasn't sure I would like it as a blush...I usually go for lighter pinks and peaches. As it turns out, that's my favorite way to use it! Once you start applying it to your cheeks and it starts to sheer it out, that beautiful rosy tone comes through and it actually looks more blush than bronzer.

I almost forgot to mention, you can use this as an eyeshadow too, and it's great when you want to coordinate your eye and cheek colors. I like to use this as an all over lid shade and then I take some Mary Lou Manizer, dab a little in the center of my lid and in the inner corners...and viola! An easy, effortless summery look.
The Balm Balm Desert review

Balm Desert has a satin finish with just a hint of sheen to it, but I promise it's not shimmery or glittery. It's a very natural luminosity that just brings the tiniest bit of light to your face and just keeps it from looking flat or muddy. My swatch below was applied pretty heavily because I wanted you to really be able to see the color...just know that it goes on much more sheer when you're using a brush!

 It also has a tendency to create a bit of fallout because the powder is so soft and fluffy...just make sure to tap your brush before applying or you might get too much on your skin all at once.
The Balm Balm Desert swatches
Right now, I've been using this exclusively as a blush, but as we head into summer, I'll also be using it as a bronzer on key areas of my face to re-create my "burn-tan".

I just love the rosy bronze shade on my cheeks...it's a perfect everyday color that goes with just about any look. I've worn it every day for the last few weeks...sometimes I use it alone and other times, I start it a little bit lower just underneath my cheekbone and finish with a lighter peach or pink blush just above it as a topper. In this photo, I'm wearing Balm Desert by itself.
The Balm Balm Desert swatches

Overall, I'm so happy I picked this one up! It was kind of a spur of the moment thing but it's become a favorite already due to its versatility. The fact that you can use it as a bronzer, blush, and eyeshadow means that I'll be using this a lot this summer. Plus, the formula is perfection. I highly recommend this one and it's totally worth splurging on!

Grab yours now at Kohls.com

18 comments

  1. I bought this last summer and also use it primarily as a blush. It's the prettiest color and I get so many compliments on it. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When using "it's" in the possessive you don't need the apostrophe. Thanks for a helpful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's rude. Does she really need an English lesson? BTW Jen, I never know when to use it's without an apostrophe so I'm completely clueless. And honestly, this is a makeup review, who cares?

      Delete
    2. She used "it's" correctly every single time. I don't know what you are talking about.

      Delete
    3. I think the sentence where I used it incorrectly was, "a favorite already due to its versatility". That was the only instance I found where it was incorrect and I have since changed it. I always try to proofread first but that one slipped by I guess!

      Delete
  3. That really is a great color on you! I haven't gotten it yet. I was afraid it would be too dark, but seeing it on your fair skin, I might just take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! :) I applied it a little heavier than usual here to make sure it would show up on camera so it probably looks a little darker than I normally wear it.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your reviews and check them everyday! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for coming back everyday to read them! XO

      Delete
  5. Wow anonymous idiot. It's means it is and her sentence would read it is totally worth splurging on. Know what you're talking about. Oh by the way that means you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhhh I have that bronzer blush but it looked so dark I've only used it sparingly. I will try it as a blush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this during a Hautelook sale and was waiting till the summer to use it because I never wear bronzer in the Winter. Then I read your review and decided to use it as blush today. Oh my gosh its gorgeous! Thank you for the tip, I found my new favorite blush. Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, this could definitely double as eyeshadow, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great on you, reminds me of Benefit Dallas which is another underrated, versatile bronze-y blush! Adding to my 'wait for sale' list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for such a great review with your picture. It looks great on you. I just purchased it and am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! found your blog today and I'm loving it! I'm from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your review! Looks like they have this at really good prices on Jet.com for those who are interested.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig