Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palettes in Hot Spice & Sugar and Spice Review

makeup revolution ultra blush palettes
The Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush & Contour Palettes are currently BOGO 50% off at Ulta, so I thought I'd share some swatches of both palettes with you today in case you've been thinking about picking these up.
But before we get into the swatches, I should mention that the name is a little confusing! On the Ulta website, these are called "Ultra Blush and Contour Palette" but on the packaging they're called the "Ultra Professional Blush Palettes", with no mention of the word contour. Also, on the Makeup Revolution website, they're called the "Ultra Blush Palette".

I can clear it all up right now by saying these are strictly blush palettes...none of the shades in either palette would work for contouring in my opinion. Each palette does contain two baked highlighting shades that have a marbled effect plus six blush shades that are a mix of matte and shimmer finishes.

These palettes are highly pigmented so if you have fair to light skin like I do, you'll want to use a lighter hand with some of the darker shades to avoid the dreaded clown cheeks. All of the shades are soft and blend very nicely on the skin. The palettes also have a large mirror inside, which is nice for a palette at this price point.

Sugar & Spice contains a beautiful mix of pink shades like bubblegum, classic rose, tea rose, mauve, and pinky nudes, plus two perfectly coordinating highlighters on the right hand side. The top highlighter is white with a pink tint to it...it looks gorgeous when paired with any of the shades in this palette. The bottom highlighter is more like a shimmery blush for me, or a blush topper (but may work as a highlight on darker skin tones).
makeup revolution blush palette sugar and spice

makeup revolution blush palette sugar and spice
Sugar and Spice
makeup revolution blush palette sugar and spice swatches
Sugar and Spice

Hot Spice is filled with beautiful nude and peachy shades, like coral, peach, rust, and pinky peach. The lightest baked highlighter is similar to the shade in the Sugar & Spice palette, except that it's a little more subtle and contains peach tones mixed in with the white. The darker highlight is again too dark for me to wear as a highlighter but it's beautiful as a blush topper or alone as a sheer shimmery flush of color. 
makeup revolution blush palette hot spice
Hot Spice

makeup revolution blush palette hot spice
Hot Spice
makeup revolution blush palette hot spice swatches
Hot Spice
Overall, you can't beat these beautifully pigmented palettes, especially for the price. There's a lack of blush palette options at the drugstore, and these definitely fill that gap with a super high-quality formula and nice range of matte and shimmer shades in warm and cool tones. I also love that they're not just blush palettes because also contain baked highlighters as well! 
Right now, they're BOGO 50% off at Ulta, so if you buy one at $10, you'll get the other one for $5, making them $7.50 each. Not a bad deal at all!

11 comments

  1. Nice review, these look amazing! I have one blush and one bronzer palette from MUR and they're really amazing quality for the price! I'd like to get some more! xo

    Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I had a feeling I would like these because I reviewed the Blush Palette in Golden Sugar (which is only available through the MR website) and it was just beautiful. I've been dying to try the other shades and was really happy to see them land at Ulta. That shipping from the UK is a killer!

      Delete
  2. I just purchased sugar and spice during ulta's sale. Was deciding between sugar and spice and blush queen but since I wasn't a shimmery blush type person I decided to go with sugar and spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Sugar and Spice has lots of matte shades with a few shimmers. Blush Queen is all the baked shimmery formulas so if you're not a shimmery blush fan you definitely made the right choice! :)

      Delete
  3. I saw these in store and now I'm regretting not buying them. They're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great quality for the price too! It's nice to have some blush palette options at the drugstore. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I best get myself back to Ulta because these are just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was back and forth on them, telling myself I don't need any more blush palettes but in the end I couldn't resist. :)

      Delete
  6. omg, I'm in love with these palettes now *____*

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig