Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette Review & Swatches

lorac unzipped cheek ulta
The Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette ($25 at Ulta.com) was released last year and it's been sitting in my Ulta cart for quite a while. Well, I finally pulled the trigger last week because so many of you guys raved about it after my "What's in my cart at Ulta" post. Since I've only had it for a few days, this will be more of a first impression post than a review but as many of you already know, this palette is worth the hype. It's an Ulta exclusive and is only available online. Let's take a look!
lorac unzipped cheek review
The Unzipped Cheek Palette is packaged in a soft cardboard case with a magnetic closure. It's slim, not too large or bulky and perfect for travel. It also comes with a nice large mirror inside and there are four blush shades...two matte and two shimmer.
  • Underrated is a warm medium pink with a matte finish.
  • Unashamed is a bright cool-toned pink with a matte finish.
  • Unapologetic is a medium rosy brown with a golden sheen.
  • Unimaginable is a light peachy pink with a shimmery finish. 


lorac unzipped cheek palette
Every shade is intensely pigmented, soft, and easy to pick up. I've found myself tapping my brush a lot to make sure I don't go overboard, particularly with the darker shades Unashamed and Unapologetic. Still, they blend so nicely and have a long wear time...about 7-8 hours. They also mix well with each other so you can really play with a few shades at a time. Yesterday I tried wearing Unashamed and I love the cool tone that it has but it was a little bit bright for daytime wear so I toned it down with Underrated on top and it looked gorgeous. The day before, I layered Unimaginable over Unapologetic to add a little more pink to a mostly bronzy shade. So there are a lot of combinations with this palette. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to take pictures of me wearing these shades, but I'll try to add those to this post as soon as I can. My little guy has been sick all week so it's been hard to get a lot of blogging done.
lorac unzipped cheek blush swatches

Overall, if you're a blush palette hoarder like I am, you need this one for your collection! I'm digging these shades for Spring and Summer and this will be a nice little palette to travel with. 

You can grab yours now at Ulta.com.

5 comments

  1. What a stunning palette! I didn't realize it was online only, no wonder I have never seen this in stores. By the way, I just love your swatches, I think you have the best ones! They're always well lit and I really feel like they're true to the actual colors. If I compare them to what the palette looks like they look the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lily! I really appreciate you saying that, it made my day. :) I always take my swatch photos in natural daylight (but not directly in the sun) and I've found that it gives the truest color for photos. The only problem is I only have a select number of hours to do it during the day and if I don't take my photos then, I have to wait until the next day. Same thing when it rains! But it's worth it.

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting a blush palette for awhile now. Think I'll get this one. Especially since I just got a 20% off coupon from Ulta today. The shades look great and isn't crazy expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll love it! I'm really enjoying it and you're right, its not crazy expensive. Ooh I need to keep a lookout for that 20% off coupon! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought this when it was released last year, and I really love it. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig