The L'oreal La Palette Noir is Here

Everyone seems to be doing smoky palettes these days and now L'oreal has jumped on the bandwagon with the La Palette Noir, available now at Ulta Beauty

So far it looks like this palette is limited to blue and gray shades, which is a bit disappointing! More recent smoky palettes such as the Urban Decay Naked Smoky or the Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky included browns and purples in addition to the "classic" gray and blue smoky shades. I feel that a modern smoky eye can be created with browns, purples, and even olive green shades so this seems a bit old fashioned...at least to me. 

What are your thoughts? Would you buy it? 

You can grab this palette now at Ulta.com

7 comments

  1. I don't personally use blue or black eyeshadows very much so this palette just looks bad to me. I completely agree that including some other smokey colors would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its such a shame! I guess I'll have to suck it up and get the Revealed smoky. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I would buy this. Blue pigments are notoriously hard to blend so I feel like this would be a really tough palette to work with if the shadows aren't good quality. I really wish they had included some dark browns and greens. Just something to make it a bit more wearable!

    prettyneutral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, Ellen! It would have been nice to have a smoky drugstore option.

      Delete
  3. I feel like they could of added some more variety like deep plums or so how many looks can you possibly come up with when the color range is so limited bummer will wait maybe another drugstore brand will come up with something better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my type of colors, especially with them being drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cool colors because they work well with my skin tone and brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig