L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer- Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe!

I recently spotted the new L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer ($10.49) at CVS and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to bring one home to compare it to one of my favorite brow products, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($21).  Visually, it looks almost identical so I couldn't wait to see if this was a more affordable dupe. Let's take a look...
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer- Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe
According to the packaging, the Brow Stylist Definer is an "ultra-fine tip shaping pencil" and features a 0.5mm tip on one end, and a spoolie blending brush on the other. It comes in three shades, Blonde, Brunette, and Dark Brunette...at least those are the shades that were at my local CVS. It's possible that there are more, but I'm not positive. Compared to the Anastasia Brow Wiz, which offers nine shades including reddish tones and black options, the L'Oreal range is quite limited. I ended up going with the middle shade, Brunette to see how it compares to Anastasia's Soft Brown, which is the shade I've been using for the past year or so. 

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer- Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer- Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe

One of the best features of this pencil (and the thing I love about Brow Wiz) is the ultra-fine 0.5mm tip. It allows you to fill in brow hairs using light strokes and they actually look like real hairs, so the effect is very natural. Then, you can just comb through your brows using the spoolie brush on the other end to soften things up a bit.
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer

When I compare the two side-by-side, they're almost identical. The only real difference I've found is in the spoolie brush. The Anastasia version is a bit denser and seems to catch and smooth the brow hairs just a tiny bit better, but when it comes to the actual pencils, the L'oreal one blew me away with it's creamier texture. Not that Brow Wiz is hard or difficult to apply, but the L'Oreal pencil was even softer and allowed me to make very light quick strokes that looked even more natural. But it wasn't so soft that it felt like it was going to break or smudge everywhere. In fact, it stayed put very nicely!
anastasia beverly hills brow wiz dupe

When it comes to shades, L'Oreal's Brunette and Anastasia's Soft Brown are very close! The reason I love Soft Brown from Anastasia is because it's a more neutral shade for my cooler toned hair color. I find that most brunette brow pencils are way too warm for me, but the L'Oreal Brunette shade works well for me. It's a tiny bit warmer than Anastasia's Soft Brown, but it's hardly noticeable.
brow wiz dupe

Overall, I can honestly say that the new L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer is a wonderful dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I've been using the L'Oreal version exclusively for the past two weeks and I don't even miss my Brow Wiz. That's how you know you have a dupe, when you don't even miss the original! It's also half the price, but I'm sure you'll be able to get it for even less during a sale or using your CVS Extra Bucks. Also, CVS tends to price things a little higher than other drugstores so it may be even less at Target or Walmart when it arrives there. 
Highly recommend! 

16 comments

  1. I don't use my brow whiz that often because it is so expensive, good to know there's a cheaper alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Its literally the same thing, I'm so happy!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. I love this eyebrow product @ my cvs in NY its $9.99.Do you know if it's permentant? I also bought brunette and I have black hair and the shade looks so natural and not over done. I think I might get a back up ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its permanent, but not positive. :)

      Delete
    2. I, hope so it's permanent! I can't wait to find this one! I use either the Anastasia version or the new skinny IT Cosmetics one, whichever is on sale that the time. Haven't tried the NYX one yet since Ulta isn't as close as other drugstores so really hoping to find the L'Oreal one soon. Thanks so much for the great review!

      Delete
  3. How does this product compare with the NYX Micro Brow pencil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I've never tried that one...none of the drugstores near me carry it. But if anyone else reading this has tried it, please comment below!

      Delete
  4. Does it last as long on your brows as brow wiz? I have found many other pencils that look just as good going on, but don't last over a few hours on my brows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasts just as long as Brow Wiz on me! :) I have dry skin though, so products tend to stay put and not slide off that easily on me.

      Delete
  5. Curious to know about the staying power as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to put this on my hit list for a sale. Using Maybelline Brow Drama, but not sold on it. Since I have been wanting something from ABH I will look forward to this dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I need this. I have always wanted the Brow Wiz but I'm totally going to get this instead! Awesome review, thank you so much!

    prettyneutral.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you reviewed this! I love the Brow Wiz but it's so pricey. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Anastasia Brow Whiz, but find myself loving the NYX Micro brow pencil just as much. It's cheaper and they always go on sale at Ulta. Excited to try out the L'OREAL version now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this comparison! Extremely helpful. I get so overwhelmed by all the brow options I just give up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the IT Cosmetics neutral taupe color and do not know which color would be best for me. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig