Friday Faves- Liquid Lipstick Edition

I'm back with another edition of Friday Faves (how is it Friday already, seriously?), where I talk about my favorite products of-the-moment, both drugstore and high end. This week, I'm featuring my favorite liquid lipsticks (non-matte) in my favorite shades of mauve.  I've never been a red lipstick girl and nude washes me out terribly, but mauves just seem to work well with my complexion and are great for everyday as well as when I'm dressing up.

So let's get started!

butter london toff nyc expert lip lacquer madison square mauve


I admit that I originally bought Butter London's Lippy Liquid Lipstick ($18 at Ulta) in the shade Toff  simply because it was one of the most beautiful shades I've ever seen and to this day, I haven't found a drugstore dupe for it yet (but if you find one, be sure to hook a girl up!). It's a dusty-rosy mauve with a little purple in it.  But what actually got me hooked on it is the incredible pigmentation and super long-lasting formula. It is super thick...way more than a gloss but somehow it manages not to be sticky (but you can still feel it on your lips). It not only stays put for hours and hours, it also stains your lips, so the color keeps going long after the glossy finish wears off. It has a light vanilla cupcake scent and feels so hydrating, all of my little lip lines seem to plump up and disappear. This is one of those products I would gladly pay full price for, because it's worth every penny.

City Color Expert Last Lip Lacquer ($3.50 at Walmart, CVS) in Madison Square Mauve is a cheap thrill I found at CVS this past Spring when they first launched. These have amazing pigmentation and great staying power. Unlike the Butter London Lippie, this one feels very lightweight on my lips and sort of sinks in a bit so I don't feel it on my lips as much throughout the day.
It has a fruity scent that isn't my favorite, but I only notice it while I'm applying it and then it kind of fades away. My one complaint with this one (and it's not a big deal at all) is that the doe foot applicator is small so I have to dip back into the tube a few times to get enough product to cover my lips. It's kind of annoying because the formula is so nicely pigmented, I would be able to cover my lips in one or two passes if the wand held more product.
By the way, if you haven't seen my original review of the Expert Last Lip Lacquers, you can check out swatches of the rest of the shades here.

butter london toff, nyc expert lip lacquer madison square mauve

So these are my favorite liquid lipsticks right now and I've been wearing them a lot lately instead of glosses now that the weather has gotten cooler.
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks? 

7 comments

  1. The Butter London shade is gorgeous!

    Makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably my favorite lipstick ever! They sell a nail polish and a solid lipstick in the same shade too. I think I need them! :)

      Delete
  2. Jenna; I am so glad that at least one other person besides me cannot do matte lip products, goodness they look amazing on others but they look atrocious on my lips.
    I haven't tried any Butter London products, but I'm starting to think that I should. Everyone seems to give rave reviews.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion on these products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikole, I'm so happy you said that! It feels like everyone in the world loves matte lip products but my lips are so dry no matter what, they just look terrible! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. :)

      Delete
    2. Nikole, I'm so happy you said that! It feels like everyone in the world loves matte lip products but my lips are so dry no matter what, they just look terrible! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. :)

      Delete
  3. Those colors are super pretty!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe I have Toff in my stash!!! I am going to dig it out and wear it like a boss! Thanks for the reminder! I too am anti-matte. Just don't like anything about them for myself. It was nice that I was not tempted to buy much this summer since it was pretty much everywhere! But I digress! Time to dig up Toff! I forgot how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig