Dry Shampoo I'm Loving Now: Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo

A Review of Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo for dark tones, $22 at HSN

I've been a huge fan of Carol's Daughter for several years now...you may remember my reviews of several of their products in the past (see all of my Carol's Daughter Reviews here), but if not, I have to say that when I splurge on hair products, I go for Carol's Daughter every time. The Monoi line is a dream if you have dry hair with any kind of breakage or fallout. I started using it after having a baby and it's been a miracle worker (check out my review of the Monoi shampoo and conditioner with before and after photos of my hair- it's crazy!). 
For the record, I am caucasian with baby fine hair that's already dry by nature, but then I torture it with heat styling and coloring too, so it's prone to breakage. Monoi Oil (a blend of Tiare flowers and Coprah Coconut Oil) has been a secret of Tahitian women for centuries and it works wonders to repair my hair without weighing it down or making it feel greasy. It also smells like Heaven!  So when I saw that Carol's Daughter had just released a Monoi dry shampoo, I had to have it. Let's take a look...
Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo review

This formula comes in two shades, one for Light Tones and one for Dark Tones. If you have brown to black hair and have ever used dry shampoo, you know how important this is! I went from blonde to brown last year and realized quickly that dry shampoo can make you look like you have dandruff if you're not careful to brush it all out...and even then little white flakes can still show up throughout the day. This one even helped to blend the few stray gray hairs I have...bonus!
Another great thing about this formula is that it doesn't dry flat and matte like a lot of dry shampoos do, it actually adds shine! Also, other dry shampoos can make your hair feel sticky and gummy but this one actually leaves your hair feeling silky and smooth...you can't even tell it's in there. It also has that delicious Monoi scent which I was really hoping for. I usually hate the scent of dry shampoos...they often smell like hairspray mixed with old lady perfume...gross. This one is a mix of coconut and gardenias and it's just lovely.
Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo review

Ingredients: Butane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40-B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tocopherol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Phenonip, Diisopropyl Adipate, Fragrance (Parfum), Soyethyl Morpholinium Ethosulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

Here's what the color looks like...it comes out a medium brown shade.
Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo review

Overall, this is my favorite dry shampoo to date. It refreshes next day hair and gives me volume and shine, without that sticky, gunky feeling. Also, the brown tint is a lifesaver because I don't have to worry about it showing throughout the day. 
Carol's Daughter Monoi Conditioning Dry Shampoo is available now exclusively at hsn.com.

3 comments

  1. Glad this is working so well for you! I had a bad experience with the Monoi line -- I got a sample pack shampoo/conditioner, but the smell was horrible!. It was like someone melted a big wax candle on top of my head, and the smell lingered all day long. I don't know if I got a bad batch or if it's just me :( But again, glad you found a great dry shampoo (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh really? I wonder if it had gone bad? It normally smells like coconut & gardenia, but it definitely can go bad because I had a bottle of leave-in conditioner that I forgot about under my sink and went to use it a year later and it smelled a little funky.

      Delete
    2. It's possible. It was in a sealed foil packet, but if there's a lot of natural ingredients, it can go bad faster. I hear a lot of people like her products, so I will give them a try again some time. I will just buy from a place that takes returns in case it doesn't work out. (Katherine T.)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig