Etude House Play 101 Pencils and Wonder Pore Skin Care Kit

This month, Etude House sent an exciting box because it was filled with...skincare! I haven't really had the chance to try a lot of their skincare products so I was definitely happy to see them. There were a lot of different samples, plus a Wonder Pore skincare kit. They also sent four of their Play 101 Eyeliners in bright, bold colors. Well, there's a lot to talk about, so let's get to it! 


Wonder Pore is described as a total 10-in-1 solution for cleaning and firming pores. This kit comes with the Deep Foaming Cleanser, Freshner (this is a toner with a cult-like following that I was really excited to try), Tightening Essence, and Clearing Emulsion.
The 10 Benefits of Wonder Pore are:

1. Deep Cleans Pores
2. Minimizes the appearance of pores.
3. Control a large amount of sebum
4. Moisturize inside and outside of your skin
5. Create a smooth, glass-like texture
6. Balance skin's ideal PH level
7. Refine skin tone
8. Keep the elasticity of pores
9. Remove dead skin cells from the surface
10.Cleanse pore insides with cooling effect

I have really dry skin so I was concerned that this would totally dry me out since it's geared toward oily skin types, but at the same time, I do have some visible pores on my nose that are prone to clogging, so I wanted to see how this takes care of those.
All I can say is wow! The first night I used this, I was blown away. The Deep Foaming Cleanser is thick and rich and the foam feels like whipped cream. It also has exfoliating beads in it that got my skin really smooth, even though it felt gentle. By the way, it smells sort of like mint and eucalyptus...really fresh and clean! Next, I used the Freshner which is like a toner. It had a bit of a cooling sensation and made my skin feel hydrated and balanced.  Then, I used the Tightening Essence which looked and felt like a serum. It also had the same cooling effect and made the surface of my skin so smooth. Finally, I layered on the Clearing Emulsion which felt like a light moisturizer and made my skin feel velvety. At this point I was going to bed and I wondered if the Emulsion would be enough moisture for me, so I patted some of my Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream on my drier areas. When I woke up this morning, my skin looked bright and radiant with no redness! It also feels as smooth as glass...it's amazing considering I didn't use anything super abrasive like a microdermabrasion. I can only assume that these products worked to clear all the gunk out of my skin without scrubbing or causing irritation. I will absolutely continue to use Wonder Pore...maybe not every night because my skin is dry, but a few times a week to keep my pores clean and my skin smooth. If you've been wanting to get into Korean skincare but don't know where to start, the Wonder Pore line is a great option, especially if you're normal to oily or have large/clogged pores!

The Play 101 Eyeliner pencils ($7.80 each) are creamy, waterproof pencils that twist up from the bottom, so they never need sharpening. I've tried these in the past and they're really long lasting and easy to apply with no tugging at all.

This time, the colors they sent me were the limited edition Summer colors and they're a pretty bold, especially the bright orange! The bronze one I would wear on an everyday basis and the dark blue and seafoam green could also be fun to use depending on my outfit. But I can't see myself ever using the orange one, haha! 


Play 101 pencils are really creamy, nicely pigmented and last all day! Here you can see how bright and bold they are:

I haven't tried all of the skincare samples yet, but there were some really nice cleansing oils and even Silk Scarf shampoo! I'm obsessed with Korean skincare products and Etude House is very affordable so I definitely want to buy some of their skincare to try soon, especially Wonder Pore. 

Have you tried any Etude House products yet? 

*Disclosure- I received the products featured here from Etude House in exchange for a review. I was not compensated to write this review and all opinions are my own.*

6 comments

  1. I've got to try that skincare line. I have oily skin and huge pores so this is calling my name. I'm so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what it did for me and it's not even meant for my skin type so I have a feeling you'll love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonder Pore sounds incredible and I must have it!! I have normal skin with an oily T-Zone and cloggy pores on my nose. I'll be placing an order tonight, thanks for a great review, I live hearing about new products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope it works well for you...it's such a great line! :)

      Delete
  3. Use the orange pencil on your lips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have major pore issues, but I do like to deep clean them to keep them small. That Wonder Pore line sounds great. And I'm loving the eyeliner colors,even that orange! I have black hair/brown eyes with light/light med skin, so it's easier for me to pull off brighter or bolder colors. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig