Yesterday's Ulta and Sephora Haul

I've been dying to get to Ulta to see the new J.Cat and Makeup Revolution displays but the closest store to me is over 45 minutes away, so I don't get there that often. But when I do go, I try to make the most of it and end up purchasing a bunch of things all at once. I also stopped into Sephora quickly to get a couple of things since I had a gift card to use up (and it's 4x points this week for Rouge members). So here's what I got! 

I'll just quickly talk about the two products I got at Sephora first and then go into my Ulta haul. 

I recently used up the Dim Light in my Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette and that's my favorite one, so rather than buy the palette again, I figured I'd just buy the full size Dim Light since I know I love it and use it all the time.  
I also picked up Bare Minerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream eyeshadow in Blushing Pink. I have four other colors and am just obsessed with these, and use them on their own or as a base for eyeshadow. Come to think of it, why have I not done a review of these yet? I'll get right on that! 

Ok so moving on to my Ulta purchases: 

I didn't end up getting any Makeup Revolution products because the display was pretty much wiped out...at least of the things I wanted to try. But I did end up finding the J.Cat display, so I picked up a Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind ($5.99) and two of their #MOTD Slide on pencils ($3.99)...one for eyes (bronze) and one for lips (natural).

I've really been wanting to try some Laura Geller products...I see her shows on QVC all the time and I just love her! I decided to try the Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation ($33) since it's color correcting...it looks amazing when I see it on TV, so I'll definitely post a review soon. I also got the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator because it's a highlighter and I just.can't.stop.with the highlighters. It was so pretty, I just didn't have any willpower against it! 

Also, I didn't even realize there was a gift with purchase for Laura Geller so I ended up getting a little pink organza bag with deluxe samples of her Glam Lash mascara, Lip Strip lip exfoliator, The Real Deal concealer (which I also wanted to try), and the Color Drenched Lip Gloss.

I've also been wanting to try Stila's new Huge Extreme Lash Mascara from the Modern Goddess fall collection. I'm obsessed with their Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector (see my review here) and have been wearing it every day, so I wanted to try something else from the collection.

I also bought Too Faced's new Lip Insurance Glossy. The original one felt too drying on my lips, so I'm hoping that this version will feel more hydrating, plus add some glossiness to whatever I'm wearing on my lips! 

For hair, I wanted to try Living Proof's Blowout spray in the travel size ($14). First of all, I love Living Proof, but this stuff sounds amazing! It's supposed to speed drying time, keep your style locked in all day, creates an optimal level of grip for working with a brush, gives 450 degree heat protection, and can be used on second-day hair as a touch-up. 

I also spotted a line of products called Rouge Underground by Luminess Air (although I can't find it on Ulta's website). They had a whole line of airbrush foundations and primers, but this is actually called a Skin Detexurizer, which instantly erases lines, wrinkles, and pores and has a clear, serum-like texture. It seemed interesting, so we'll see! 

Finally at the checkout line, I grabbed a Pedi-Scrub foot buffer ($2.99). I've never tried these before but it looked great...it's a little sponge that's filled with product that cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes your feet. Mine need all the help they can get! 

Whew! Well, that's everything. If you've tried any of these products I picked up, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! :) 

9 comments

  1. I've been loving the new Stila mascara and the Laura Geller highlights are to die for!

    Makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried the Stila mascara today and really like it so far! The Laura Geller Gelato is almost too pretty to use! :)

      Delete
  2. Gilded Honey is so gorgeous! I'm on a no buy this month as I'm trying to use some products I have, but I'm with you on getting all the highlighters. They are my newest obsession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh isn't it terrible? I have no willpower when it comes to them and this one is so gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my God I want it ALL! Is that Living Proof spray only at Ulta? I've never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is exclusive to Ulta right now. I hadn't seen it either until I went there...I'm super excited to try it! :)

      Delete
  4. I own Hourglass Ambient Lighting pslette and I pretty much use Dim light all the time. So when I run out, I'm definitely repurchasing the full size again. Speaking of Hourglass, I will be repurchasing the Mineral Veil primer indefinitely. This is THE ONLY product that keeps my face from turning into an oil slick within 2-3 hours on humid summery days. Yes, I'm willing to shell out $52 dollars every 4 months. If you have oily/combo skin, you must try it and see for yourself.
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina! I totally agree...their Mineral Primer is the BEST. I use it a lot in the summer when my dry skin is closer to normal. Then I switch to their serum primer in the winter when I need more hydration. Their products are expensive but they work...I would rather pay $52 for a primer I'll use down to the last drop than spend the same amount on a few different ones from the drugstore that I'll never finish. I love a bargain as much as the next person but I will always spend more on something if I know it'll get used. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a great haul! I'm already a fan of the BM 5-in-1 Cream Shadow ( I use it as a shadow primer) and it has SPF, too. I bought a QVC kit that came with a Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Foundation, but the color was too dark/warm and it it looked looked cakey on me, but I heard her highlighters are great. Very curious about the JCAT Lip Stain and that all-in-one foot scrub. Looking forward to your reviews!! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig