My Favorite...Drugstore Eyeshadow!

I have gotten many, many requests over the past year or so from readers wanting to know what my favorite beauty products are. So I thought I'd do a series of posts highlighting all of my favorite things from drugstore to high-end! 
I wanted to start with drugstore powder eyeshadows because there's a pretty big gap in quality between shadows from brands like Urban Decay, Lorac, and Tarte and those from the drugstore. It's unfortunate, but most powder eyeshadows I've tried from brands like Cover Girl, Revlon and Maybelline have fallen short when it comes to pigmentation, longevity, and that soft, buttery texture we all want in a shadow. But there is one exception, and that's L'oreal's Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadows (around $7). While they're not perfect, here are all of the reasons I love them enough to own 13 different shades...


L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows have a formula that feels like a cross between a soft, buttery powder and a velvety cream eyeshadow.  Most of the shades are ultra pigmented in one swipe to give you the ultimate color payoff. They're waterproof, sweat-proof and crease-proof and are supposed to last 24 hours, (although I've never worn them that long before). On my dry eyelids, these last from morning until night, at least 12 hours and still look like they did when I put them on.
They feel similar to Urban Decay eyeshadows (which are owned by L'oreal) in the sense that they're silky, buttery and pigmented but they appear to be a loose eyeshadow that's been densely packed into their container with a little disc inside that keeps them from going all over the place. The shades are also very similar to Urban Decay. I've tried to dupe them many times thinking that one looks just like the other, but
The only downside to these is that the formula isn't always consistent...a few of the shades I own go on a little streaky with some fallout and aren't as pigmented, for example Iced Latte and Burst Into Bloom.
loreal infallible eyeshadow swatches
L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Swatches

loreal infallible eyeshadow swatches
L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Swatches
Overall, L'oreal Infallible are the closest thing to a high-end eyeshadow I've been able to find at the drugstore. They're soft, pigmented and super long-lasting, not to mention they come in a great range of shades from neutrals to brights. I think it would be amazing if they released some more matte shades into the collection...that would be amazing. 
What are your favorite drugstore powder eyeshadows? 

11 comments

  1. Thanks a lot for doing this series! I'm one of the people who would love to know your favorites. Also could you do some posts that show what you own? Like your blush or eyeshadow palette collection for example? Thanks! I love your blog, I've been reading it for three years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Sophia! I will definitely do that. And thank you so much for being a longtime reader! You just made my day. :)

      Delete
  2. These are some of my favorite too! After only trying them recently I picked up 12-15 shades, most on sale because they were Limited Edition though but some other permanent shades. I love them all and I love using them this time ot year for some sparkle!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few of mine are limited editions too. I don't think they've come out with more shades in a while, but I hope they add some more matte shades!

      Delete
  3. What do you use to apply the loreal infallible shadows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a variety of different eyeshadow brushes and they work well with those, but a lot of times I'm in a hurry and I just use my finger. They go on so smooth and pigmented, almost like a cream so I almost prefer using my finger to apply these. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about getting them, especially Amber rush, but on the other hand I'm a matte girl so I don't want to spend money on something that I won't like, even if the color is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly a matte girl too, but even though these are shimmery, they don't look overly glittery on your eyes. They almost have a "wet" look to them. I tend to use them the most this time of year though and mattes during the fall and winter.

      Delete
  5. I love the nyx prismatic shadows. I'm usually unimpressed with drugstore eye shadows, but these are smooth and silky and are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Those are amazing as well. I tried a few a while back and they're actually very similar to these. Unfortunately I have to order them online because no stores near me have them. :(

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the swatches! I have Gilded Envy and absolutely love the color, but I get fallout, even with primer. Maybe I'm not packing the shadow hard enough? I will also try it over a cream shadow. I'm eyeing Infinite Sky (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig