Disney Dare To Dream Mulan Lip Gloss Review & Swatches

Disney Dare To Dream Mulan Lip Gloss ($3 at Drugstore.com and Walgreens stores) is part of a brand new Princess collection by Markwins (owners of Wet N Wild, Physicians Formula and Bonne Bell). I reviewed the Dare to Dream Pocahontas Luminizers already and they were such a great bargain find so I really wanted to share my thoughts on these as well, while you guys still have a chance to get your hands on them. Let's take a look...
disney dare to dream mulan lip gloss review



The Mulan collection has four lip gloss shades, and I purchased two of them to try...True Reflection (love that song!), a shimmery raspberry shade and Rare Beauty, a cool toned pink.
disney dare to dream mulan lip gloss swatches
Rare Beauty (left) and True Reflection (right)
The other two shades are Imperial Kiss, a shimmery peachy pink and Last Blossom, a shimmery nude.
Last Blossom
Imperial Kiss
                                                                                                     
These glosses come in tall slim tubes that are clear so you can see the color inside. They do go on somewhat sheer so the intensity of the color in the tube isn't exactly what you'll get on your lips. The applicator is larger than your typical doe foot and it's also flat which I love...you can get a lot more gloss on your lips in one swipe.
The formula is on the thicker side but it's not sticky at all. It actually feels super soft and hydrating, like a lip balm and even the shimmery shade I bought feels smooth with no grit. Even hours later, my lips still felt moisturized. These contain shea butter, but I should mention that they also contain mineral oil for those of you who try to avoid it. They also have a delicious vanilla scent to them.
Disney Dare To Dream Mulan Lip Gloss Review & Swatches
Disney Dare to Dream Mulan- True Reflection

When swatching these, I noticed that True Reflection is a bit more pigmented and opaque than Rare Beauty. Both shades are super shiny and have about average staying power for a lip gloss. They actually did stain my lips a little bit so the color stuck around for a while after the glossiness wore away.
disney dare to dream mulan lip gloss swatches

I love both of these shades because they're so wearable...they add just enough color and look really natural. Even though True Reflection has shimmer in it, it doesn't look too glittery on your lips at all- it's very subtle.
                                   True Reflection                                                                 Rare Beauty

Overall, if you're looking for a really pretty, hydrating, non-sticky lip gloss, you'll definitely want to pick up one (or two or four) of these. At $3, they're a great little cheap thrill- I've been wearing these all week! 
Have you seen the Dare to Dream collection at your local Walgreens yet? If not, these are available now on Drugstore.com.

4 comments

  1. Markwins? If they own those companies, I bet this line is cruelty free. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty. I ordered the Nude one and true reflection also. The Walgreens by me doesn't have these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I will have to pick these up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig