Disney's Dare To Dream Pocahontas Luminizer Review & Swatches

The Disney Dare to Dream collection arrived at Walgreens stores recently, and I was lucky enough to spot them at my local store. Similar to the ELF princess collections that have shown up previously, this collection features Pocahontas, Mulan, and Ariel. Each princess has their own beauty book filled with eyeshadows, lip products, blush, etc. but then they each have separate products as well. 
Pocahontas has a bronzer and luminizers, while Ariel has eyeshadow quads and Mulan has lip glosses. I didn't realize at first, but these are actually made by Markwins, which owns Wet N Wild, Physicians Formula and Bonne Bell so I figured the quality should be pretty good! I purchased a bunch of different items but I wanted to start with one of my favorites...the Pocahontas Retractable Luminizers ($3 each)! Let's take a look...
Disney Dare To Dream Pocahontas Luminizer highlighter review
Disney Dare To Dream Pocahontas Retractable Luminizers


These cream highlighters come in three shades, and I picked up two of them to try, Great Spirit (champagne) and Free Spirit (gold). The third shade, Wild Spirit is bronze and it was out of stock at my local Walgreens so I'm sorry I don't have it to swatch for you guys.

These are very similar to other cream luminizers/highlighters such as Benefit's Watts Up!, Sonia Kashuk Luminosity Highlighting Stick, or the Nars Multiple except for one important point...these are $3! And this does not equate to a crappy product either, I'm very happy to say. These are creamy, and go on smooth with no chunky glitter at all. The shimmer is very refined, and just adds a beautiful glow to your skin, similar to Benefit's Watts Up highlighter (I compare them in the swatches below).

The one area where you can definitely tell these are a $3 item is the packaging. It feels very lightweight and is made of a cheapo plastic, but it's not going to fall apart or anything so I feel like as long as the product inside is good quality, that's all that matters! My one major gripe with the packaging here is that these don't twist all the way down into the tube so you have to be really careful replacing the cap or you'll take a chunk out of these.
Disney's Dare To Dream Pocahontas Luminizer Review
When swatching these, I was really impressed with the pigmentation and creaminess of these. They don't drag on the skin and the amount of shimmer is just right. Free Spirit is a warm golden shade, while Great Spirit is a cooler champagne.
disney dare to dream pocahontas swatches

These reminded me so much of Benefit's Watts Up! that I wanted to swatch them side-by-side. Watts Up! is very close in color to Great Spirit, almost enough to be a dupe, but it has a little more of a peachy/bronzy tone to it. But you can see how alike the formulas are, and how they swatch very similarly. Watts Up! is a little more pigmented as you swipe it, but other than that, they give the same effect!
benefit watts up dupe

Here, I'm wearing Great Spirit on my cheekbones...I love the way it catches the light! When you're pale skinned like I am, it's sometimes hard to find a good highlight that actually shows up (especially in photos!). A lot of the time, highlighters are darker than I am, haha. 

Overall, these are a great buy at only $3! Head on over to your local Walgreens before they're gone! If you don't immediately see them in the front section where the beauty stuff is, take a look around the store. I found these all the way in the back on an endcap by the pharmacy section, so they might be hiding on you! 
I wish I had some links for you to buy these online, but it appears that these are in-store only. Fingers crossed your Walgreens has these too! 

17 comments

  1. I saw these and was going to get one but I didnt. Now I want them! Going back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely grab them if you can before they disappear. :)

      Delete
    2. I just found them for 75 cents each xD Lucky I grabbed them :) Thank you for the review!

      Delete
  2. These look great! Did you swipe the product directly on your face or did you need to use something else to apply?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I just applied them directly using the stick and blended with my fingers. They're so super easy and blend nicely. :)

      Delete
  3. I bought these in every color. They're too cheap not to and they're such good quality for the price. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have gotten the bronze one too if it was there, I'm kinda bummed it wasn't. I figured I didn't have much to lose if these didn't work out but they're actually great!

      Delete
  4. Jealous you're able to find these at your store! My Walgreens is a dud! Those highlighters look nice . Very lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I hope you're able to find them soon!

      Delete
  5. Thanks alot for doing a review of these. I keep seeing "spotted" posts but no reviews. I think I'll check these out, they look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Paige! I'm glad I was able to find them and get a review out quickly because I know a lot of people were curious about them. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the great review -- I picked up all 3 colors. I think they'll be a great intro to luminizers for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely a great intro to luminizers...if you haven't tried highlighting yet and don't want to spend a lot of money they're perfect!

      Delete
  7. Without your review i wouldn't have looked twice at these luminizers. Creamy highlights usually make me look greasy but for the price i decided to pick them up and was so glad i did! They look fabulous and subtle enough for my liking but can be built up as well. Everyone needs these in their life lol Just discovered your blog and love it already (: Thanks for the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amber!! You made my day. :) I totally agree about the highlighters...they go on subtle but can easily be built up so they're really versatile and easy to use!

      Delete
  8. Based on your review, I picked up Free Spirit and liked it so much that I also bought a backup (rare for me). These are so pretty! Great to pop under matte blushes to give them a gold shimmer (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig