Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer Review

I'm going to just come right out and say that Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer ($22) is my new favorite primer! I've been on a bit of a Pixi kick lately, after trying (and loving) the Shea Butter Lip Balms, and then more recently, the Glow Mist, and when I start liking products from a brand, I can't stop myself, I just want to try more and more things! It also doesn't help that Pixi is available right at Target which is like, 5 minutes from my house. I can stand in there for half an hour playing with all the testers...but I usually don't because my 2 year old won't sit in the cart that long. 
On a recent trip, I picked up the Flawless Beauty Primer.  Yes, $22 is a bit steep for a primer at Target, but it's 1 full oz. of product and you don't need a lot, so it's going to last a really long time. They also have smaller travel sizes for $9 that you can buy first to see if you like it!

The packaging is just gorgeous...like all Pixi products it's mint green with rose gold accents, so pretty! The Flawless Beauty Primer comes in a frosted glass bottle with a pump (yessss) and you can see right through to the product inside which is a really beautiful pinky bronze shade.

According to the description on the box and on Pixi's website, this is a glow-enhancing primer that corrects uneven skin tone, hydrates, and prolongs makeup wear. I love Petra's quote on the box about this primer replicating what her skin looked like in her 20's because that's exactly what it does for me! In the world of color-correcting, pink helps to brighten dull skin and if you have super dry or mature skin types, you know exactly what I mean.  I am forever looking for that "glow" that I used to have when I was younger. My skin is so dry that it has a very flat look and just absorbs light rather than reflects it. This completely changes that, even when worn underneath foundation.
When you first pump it out, it's a bronzy pink shade and as you start to blend it, you can start to see tiny shimmer particles in the formula.
You can wear this alone as a brightener, but it's not enough coverage for me (even though it does make my skin look better). Plus, by itself it will look a little shimmery.

My favorite way to wear this is under foundation (you can also mix it with foundation). I have tried
brightening primers in the past, such as Benefit's That Gal, but I never really warmed up to them because once I put foundation on top, I couldn't see their brightening benefits anymore. This one is different...the glow comes right through your foundation and it looks like you highlighted your face in all the areas where light hits it! 
In this photo below, I'm wearing Flawless Beauty Primer by itself on my arm. It's really hard to capture all this does for your skin in photos, but you can kind of see the my skin looks more radiant, rather than flat and you can also see some shimmery/pearly effects. Once you put foundation on top, you don't see any shimmer, just a gorgeous glow coming through.

Another thing I like to do is use this as an actual highlighter. Once I'm finished applying my foundation, I'll go back and rub a drop of this between my fingers and pat it on my cheekbones and forehead for a little extra highlighting boost.
As far as extending makeup wear, I'm honestly not sure...my dry skin holds on to makeup without primer, so most foundations last all day for me whether I'm wearing primer or not.

One thing I will say is that this primer is moisturizing and oily skin types may find that it's too hydrating...it doesn't have that dry, matte finish of traditional silicone primers. Pixi does make a Flawless and Poreless primer that's oil free and mattifying so I'm guessing oily skin types would probably prefer that formula over this one. This one is really all about brightening dull skin and typically dull skin is dry skin (although normal skin types looking for a little glow would probably like this too). My one piece of advice would be to not use too much! A little goes a long way and you don't want to look too glowy because then it'll translate to shiny.

Honestly, I just can't stop looking at my skin when I wear this primer under my foundation. Every time I'm in front of a mirror I can see that "glow" that I had when I was 16 years old and for me, that's priceless! I'll buy this as long as Pixi continues to make it.

The Bottom Line: 
If you're oily or don't need or want additional glow factor for your skin, then you'll probably want to skip this, however if you have normal to dry skin in need of a boost, it's a must-buy...it'll change your life!

You can purchase Flawless Beauty Primer at Pixibeauty.com or at Target.


2 comments

  1. Wow this primer sounds legit! I'm going to pick some up next time I'm at Target, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig