Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Review

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation ($8.99) is brand new for Summer 2015 and I spotted it about two weeks ago at Bed, Bath and Beyond along with some other new CoverGirl products (see that post here).  I've been using it for a little over a week now, so I wanted to give you guys a quick review/first impression since I've had a lot of requests since this came out. Let's take a look...
Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Review

Stay Luminous comes packaged in an almost identical bottle as the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation that launched a while back. I remember really wanting to like that one because it had amazing staying power and great coverage but it wasn't a match for my dry skin...it clung to dry patches like nobody's business and gave my already dull complexion a really flat look.
This formula, on the other hand has all the benefits of the Stay Fabulous, but it's actually hydrating!
Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Review
The formula is so creamy-it doesn't cling to dry patches and feels very comfortable on my skin. It's a medium thickness and feels very smooth during application. I actually use my fingers to apply it rather than a brush or beauty blender because it's so easy to work with. It has medium coverage that can be built up a bit and it covers most of my imperfections, although I still use a concealer under my eyes and around my nose.
Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous in Creamy Natural

With the word "Luminous" in the name, I was concerned that this would be full of shimmer, but surprisingly, it's not. There is a tiny bit of shimmer, but it's almost undetectable unless you're looking at it in full sunlight. Even then, it's very subtle, so you don't have to worry about the disco-ball effect.  I didn't find that it gave my skin that much of a luminous effect like some other foundations I've tried such as IT Cosmetics CC+ Illumination, for example.  It really just prevented my skin from looking dull and flat and helped the light bounce off of it better.
So really, it's the perfect formula for someone who wants to give their dull skin a little pick-me-up but doesn't want noticeable shimmer.
I was also really impressed with the wear time.  Just like the Outlast Stay Fabulous formula, Stay Luminous lasts all day on me with no fading! I'm not sure how it will fare on more oily skin types though, because I do find it to be more creamy than Stay Fabulous.
**One of my readers posted a comment below asking how this compares to L'Oréal Magic Lumi and I wanted to add that to this post because the finish on this is very very similar (no wonder I like it!). The difference is, this isn't quite as sheer as Magic Lumi. It has slightly better coverage and lasts longer.**
I chose the shade Creamy Natural, which is the second-to-lightest shade. I've gotten a little color from being outside this spring so it's a little too light for me right now (come winter, it'll be perfect). Unfortunately, there are only 7 shades right now which isn't a great range, but I'm hoping that they'll add more at some point.
Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous in Creamy Natural
Overall, I'm seriously loving this foundation so far. It gives really nice coverage with a beautiful satiny finish and just a hint of glow. The creamy formula is one of very few that I can say doesn't cling to my dry patches or accentuate fine lines. I do think it's best suited for normal to dry skin types, but if you have oily skin and have tried this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. 

13 comments

  1. I love luminous foundations, but because of my oily skin, I need matter consistencies. May still swatch this in store one day though, it looks amazing!

    Katherine || The Green Bows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you reviewed this, thank you! Stay Fabulous made me finally appreciate medium-to-full coverage foundation, but I wanted something with a more natural finish. Can't wait to pick this up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The finish on this is lovely and much less dry. I'm loving it!

      Delete
  3. I was curious about the staying power because they released a primer also. I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing...I didn't actually buy the primer but I've used this over mu own primers and also by itself. It's still long lasting even on its own. :)

      Delete
  4. how does this compare to l'oreal's lumi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish is actually very similar but this one gives a little more coverage and lasts longer!

      Delete
  5. I might need to try this! I'm a hunt for a new foundation to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about this, but I really need to use up the foundations I have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks promising, will check it out! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is 820 Creamy Natural yellow-toned or pink-toned? I see the picture it looks yellow but just want to make sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's yellow toned...I actually looked for a pink toned shade but there wasn't one in this collection. :(

      Delete
  9. I bought this and have been using it for 5-6 days and I love it. It's a really beautiful formula with no real shimmer or sparkle to it (the name is completely misleading). I have normal skin that's oily in the T-Zone and this worked out fine for me, I just set it with powder and it lasted all day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig