New Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Relief Healing Serum Review

There's no doubt that serums are the rockstars of your skincare routine.  Their lightweight texture helps them to absorb deep into the skin to start repairing and healing, while thicker creams sit on top and keep moisture in.  Well have you ever thought about a serum for your body? If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my post from Walgreens last week showing a new line of body serums from Vaseline Intensive Care ($8.99) called Healing Serum


Healing serum comes in three formulations...

Deep Repair heals rough, cracked skin and has a rich scent of amber and jasmine.
Advanced Relief heals and repairs severely dry skin and has a scent of rose and amber.
Radiance Restore contains cocoa butter to repair and restore radiance to dull, dry skin and has a scent of cocoa butter and black currant.

Vaseline was kind enough to send me the Advanced Relief to try, since I have super dry skin.  These serums contain:
  • PPAR Activators help penetrate the skin to replenish lipids and moisturize to boost the skin’s natural renewal cycle.
  • Elastomers provide a premium sensory experience with ingredients that deliver a luxurious silky, smooth feel.
  • Micro-droplets of Vaseline® Jelly form a protective layer to prevent moisture loss

For some reason, I was expecting a clear, gel-like serum (kind of like the ones you use for your face) but this has a creamy texture that's super lightweight, sort of a cross between a lotion and a mousse. It absorbs lightning fast and makes my skin feel smooth immediately and also throughout the day. One thing I noticed is that I didn't feel a layer of moisturizer sitting on top of my skin all day, my skin just felt soft and hydrated. So if you're the type of person that doesn't like that heavy, moisturizer feeling, you'll love this!
As a person with really dry skin, I'm used to using thick creams and butters on my body so I wasn't sure that this would provide enough moisture for me since it's so lightweight.  Well, I was wrong, it packs a serious punch and was able to tackle even my ultra-dry skin.

The only thing I didn't like was the scent.  I liked it at first...it was a soft, warm rose scent, but it didn't disappear like a lot of scents do- it stuck around and I started to dislike it after a while. So if you're sensitive to scents as I know a lot of people are, you may not like that aspect of it. I'm really hoping they'll come out with an unscented version, because this serum is incredible and will be especially great going into summer because it dries so quickly.
I'm not sensitive to fragrances, it was just more of a personal preference for me, so I plan to try the other two and see if I like one of the other fragrances more.

Have you seen or tried Vaseline's new Healing Serums yet?  I'd love to hear what you think!

**Disclosure- This sample was provided to me by a brand or PR agency, which in no way influenced my opinion on this product.  I was not paid to write this review**

You May Also Like:

2 comments

  1. I've been looking for something for my hands because they are starting to show their age - I am 56. I will definitely give these serums a try. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please please make one that's unscented. I'm sensitive to fragrance, which dries my skin out, would love to buy one that has none (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig