Hard Candy Sheer Envy Eye Brightening Concealer Review

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Brightening Concealer ($6, Walmart) is a new product for Spring 2015 (see my post of all the new Hard Candy products here) and it claims to have 10 beauty benefits in 1. Let's take a look! 
This concealer pen claims to:

  • Reduce Puffiness
  • Diffuse Shadows
  • Soften Wrinkles
  • Even Skintone
  • Eliminate Dark Circles
  • Blur Lines
  • Brighten
  • Conceal
  • Correct
  • Lift
It comes in three shades...Radiance, Light, and Medium.  I chose the Radiance shade, because based on the claims, this sounded like it could be a dupe for YSL Touche Eclat which also has a shade called Radiance (which I've owned in the past).  Radiance has pink undertones, and I also have pink-toned skin so I thought this would be the best match for me.  The light and medium shades looked more yellow, at least in the packaging. 


This comes in a sleek, slim pen with a brush applicator. You have to twist the bottom of the pen to dispense the formula so be careful not to twist it too many times or you'll get more than you need.  I like to stop twisting once I can just barely see product start to come through the brush.

The formula of this concealer is soft and smoothing...it feels almost like you're putting on a lightweight eye cream.  I sweep the brush underneath my eyes and then blend with my finger and it just glides easily across the skin and feels velvety soft.

The Radiance shade is a soft pinky peach, which is normally the perfect shade to cover up dark circles.  However, this really doesn't provide much coverage at all, so I'm surprised it's labeled as a concealer...it's more of a radiance pen, like Touche Eclat or L'oreal's Magic Lumi.  It's something I would use on top of concealer to brighten the skin and help hide fine lines.
I've used this by itself without a concealer and it does definitely brighten, correct, and diffuse imperfections in my skin, but it just doesn't cover even my minor dark circles.  I'm not sure if the Light and Medium shades provide more coverage, so if you've tried one of those, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

Overall, I love using this as a compliment to my concealer because it adds that radiant touch and is a great alternative to Touche Eclat, which is $42.  I actually use it all over my face on areas where I want to brighten and add light.  This doesn't contain any shimmer or sparkle, so I don't know how it works to diffuse light and brighten, but it does!
Also, I absolutely love the formula...it's so soft, silky and hydrating and it just makes your skin look better.  However, if you're looking for a concealer, this won't give you much coverage at all, so I don't really recommend it for that purpose.
What do you think?  Have you tried this, or are you planning on purchasing it?

4 comments

  1. I think it's a great idea to buy this pen if you are wondering whether Touche Eclat is necessary in your beauty routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this in Light. It doesn't cover anything. It immediately settles into fine lines. I will go back to my HG, Maybelline Age Sewing Undereye Concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! The Radiance shade is more like a tinted eye cream so it doesn't settle into lines but it also doesn't cover much. It just kind of brightens the area a bit.

      Delete
  3. I have the medium shade and it works pretty well for me. I have really dark circles and I find the difference to be huge. It doesn't fully cover all of them but the difference is definatly noticible. The bighest issue with this product for me is that it doesnt really lift much im my opinion. However it does help me out so I would give this product a 4/5 stars.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig