Elf Elsa Snow and Ice Glow Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Earlier this week, I spotted the newest Elf Disney collection at Walgreens and it's Frozen themed! I posted photos here of the entire collection, but today I wanted to review and swatch the Elsa Snow and Ice Eyeshadow Palette ($6.99).  Let's take a look...

This palette has 9 shades, and most of them are anything but neutral! There's a little bit of everything in here, from blue and turquoise to orange-red, plum, purple and yellow, along with a silvery gray and white.


The packaging feels kind of flimsy, but it looks really pretty with the photo of Elsa on the front and all the silver snowflakes around the outside. There's no mirror or applicators, but that's ok because I rarely use either one when it comes to palettes anyway.
I'll get right into the swatches...the first shade, which is a dark brown-black with glitter was super dry and patchy and since it was the first shade I swatched, I was worried that the entire palette was going to be a bust.  Thankfully, every other shade from the blue all the way down is super soft and pigmented! You can see by the swatches below that these apply beautifully and the colors are brilliant and intense. I was surprised and really impressed by them!

Overall, if you've been thinking about getting this, I say go for it! It may look like kiddie packaging on the outside but inside are some absolutely gorgeous eyeshadows that are definitely suitable for all ages. You can create quite a range of looks with this palette as well.  I was wearing a neutral taupe/lavender  eye look today and while I was swatching this palette, I applied a little of that 5th shade (the reddish purple) on the outer corners of my eyes and it looked stunning...it added just the pop of color I needed.
So if you're interested, I highly recommend getting to your local Walgreens sooner rather than later, because these are limited editions and once they're gone, that's it!

2 comments

  1. Wow, the colors are bright. How do they compare to the Wet'n'Wild eyeshadows in terms of pigmentation and longevity?

    Http://www.beautyandfitnessguru.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. I can't wait for it to finally show up at one of the local Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig