ELF Elsa Snow and Ice Icicle Face Palette Review and Swatches

I was so happy with the Elf Elsa Snow and Ice Eyeshadow Palette I picked up at Walgreens last week, I wanted to go back and try more! So I bought this Icicle Face Palette for $6.99...it contains a highlighter, blush and bronzer in one.  Let's take a look! 

This palette comes in one shade choice and has three fairly large pans of product inside.


All three shades are shimmery, so no mattes here. The bronzer is a lighter, more golden shade that works well with fair skin tones.  I'm happy about that, because so many bronzers are too dark or too orange for my pale, cool-toned skin.  The blush is a peachy pink with a hint of shimmer and the highlighter is a frosty off-white shade.

The bronzer and highlighter were very pigmented, but sadly, the blush was very faint and sheer.  It barely showed up on my skin, so I think those with darker skin tones won't see it at all.

This little palette reminded me quite a bit of the Naked Flushed palette from Urban Decay and the Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit, so I wanted to swatch them all side by side and do some comparisons.
Urban Decay Flushed, Elf Elsa, Makeup Revolution Sculpt and Contour
The bronzer in the Elf palette looks gold next to the others, while the Makeup Revolution bronzer is more brown based.  In comparison, the Urban Decay bronzer looks a bit orange on my skin.

The Elf blush is definitely disappointing...it's a very sheer, shimmery peachy pink.  The Urban Decay blush actually appears matte, while the Makeup Revolution is a pink with gold shimmer.

Even the highlighters are very different shades...the Elf shade looks super white next to the others, while the Urban Decay looks like a golden bronze and the Makeup Revolution is a champagne color.

Needless to say, this palette isn't a dupe for either palette like I thought it might be.  It's the same idea, but the shades are all very different.  Overall, it's a nice palette for the price...but I wish the blush was more pigmented.
What do you think, have you tried this palette? Or are you thinking about buying it?

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the review. I was interested in picking this up, but now I know I should spend that money on something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I was really excited about this palette but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig