Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette Review and Swatches

The Blushed Nudes ($9.99) from Maybelline is a brand new, exclusive to Walmart palette for Spring 2015.  I thought it was interesting that Maybelline had decided to make their palettes (other than the Nudes) exclusive to certain stores only- the Smokes palette is exclusive to Walgreens, while the Brights palette is exclusive to Target, and now this one can only be found at Walmart. So let's take a look! 
This palette contains rosy-hued neutrals, reminiscent of the Naked 3 palette (more on that below). There are also a few mossy green shades that look gorgeous in the pan.  The back of the palette has diagrams that show suggestions on which shades can be used together.  They have them grouped in suggested quads, trios and duos.


The Blushed Nudes contains 12 shadows and two small sponge-tipped applicators.  The outside is a peachy nude shade and there's no mirror inside.

The majority of the shades are satins or shimmers with one matte shade (the fourth one in the top row).

The top row really surprised me.  You all know I wasn't a big fan of the Nudes palette, but when I started swatching these, I was really happy because it seemed as though they had changed the formula a bit.  The first four shades felt dry and powdery with some fallout, but they were really pigmented...even the really light shades took almost no effort to get them to show up on my skin! The last two shades on the right were a totally different formula- they felt buttery and soft and had a shimmery finish to them.
maybelline the blushed nudes review

The bottom row is where it all fell apart...the color payoff just wasn't there.  To get the color you see in the swatches below, I had to swipe my finger several times, going back and forth to the pan- they were chalky and sheer with not as much pigmentation as the top row. That's what I didn't like about the Nudes palette and I just feel like these shades could be a bit more vibrant, especially the greens (1, 2 and 4 below).

But despite it's shortcomings, this palette is a Naked 3 dupe...well, at least 6 out of 12 shades are! It doesn't surprise me since L'oreal owns both Maybelline and Urban Decay.  I was amazed at how close these are...even the black shades have the same pink micro-glitter in them (though it's a little hard to pick that up in the photos). Here, I've swatched them below... the Maybelline shadows are numbered based on where they are in the palette starting in the top row and going across from left to right.






So overall, this palette isn't a total bust...it definitely has it's shortcomings, but the shades are beautiful and half of them are almost spot-on Naked 3 dupes. I'm actually glad that they didn't dupe the whole palette because there are 6 other shades that I don't have!

Have you tried this palette yet? Or are you planning to buy it (or not)?

You May Also Like: 

3 comments

  1. I've was never impressed with Maybelline shadows, so this is a big improvement compared to the past. Let's hope they keep improving--- if L'Oreal can do it, so can they (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Talk about spot-on dupes! I don't have the Naked 3 so I might go find this because I really likey the Limit, trick, and buzz dupes. Those are seriously pretty! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this palette and there are no greens in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig