Colourpop Lippie Stix Review and Swatches- Bound, Frieda, and Lumiere

I'm fairly new to Colourpop, but I recently hauled a few items from them including their Super Shock Eyeshadows and Blush and I absolutely loved everything! So naturally, I also wanted to try their Lippie Stix...they have rave reviews online and they're only $5 a pop.  Let's take a look!
Lippie Stix come in skinny, twist up tubes, rather than the shorter lipstick tube we're used to.  The lipstick itself is skinnier than what I'm used to applying, which is good in the sense that you have more control over it and can get right up to the edges of your lips easily without going outside the lines, but it's bad in the sense that it takes more time to cover your lips.
Lippie Stix come in 5 different finishes and formulations: Cream, Glossy, Hyper-Glossy, Matte, Pearlized, and Satin.  I chose three shades that ended up being three different finishes, so I was happy about that!
Left to Right: Lumiere (matte), Frida (Satin), Bound (Glossy)
Lippie Stix have a yummy vanilla scent and all three formulas are extremely pigmented and medium to full coverage depending on the type.  A glossy shade does not mean sheer...Bound (the glossy shade I chose) goes on opaque.
Bound (glossy), Frida (satin), Lumiere (matte)
Bound is described as a "light nude pink with a glossy finish".  The formula contains shea butter, mango seed butter, avocado oil, soybean oil and glycerin to keep your lips feeling nourished. It has a glossy finish that's not as shiny as a lip gloss, but leaves a beautiful sheen on the lips.  It has medium-full coverage and even though it has the shortest wear time of the shades I chose, it still lasts for hours!
The color is the perfect pinky nude for fair skin like mine.  It has enough pink that it doesn't wash me out like other nudes do, and it's not so much pink that it looks like that candy/bubblegum type of shade.  It's perfectly balanced and I love it!
colourpop bound swatch
Bound

Frida is a "warm, mid-tone nude pink with a satin finish" and was created in collaboration with YouTube guru Dani (from Coffee Break With Dani).  I absolutely adore her and her videos and this shade is amazing too. Next to Bound, this looks peachy pink and the formula also contains shea butter, mango seed butter and avocado oil, so it's super comfortable to wear.  The satin finish might be my favorite of the three because it's non-drying, stays comfy and lasts forever! It's also full coverage. 

colourpop lippie stix swatches
Frida

Lumiere is described as a "dusty mauve pink with a matte finish" and was created by YouTuber Kathleen Lights.  She says, "I wanted a color that both bold and shy people could wear.  It's not a nude...it would look great on EVERYONE".  I would say that's totally true! I'm a pretty shy person when it comes to lip colors but this one is just enough color, but I don't feel that my lips are screaming "look at me!" to everyone on the street.  This one is a matte shade and still contains the shea and mango seed butters and avocado oil, but they're further down on the list so it doesn't have as much of the moisturizing ingredients that the other two have.  Still, it feels comfortable on the lips and has a crazy-long wear time! Unfortunately, even though it never feels dry, it has a tendency to make my already dry lips look parched.  So for this review, I layered lip balm underneath, and that's why it appears a little bit glossy in the photo below.  By itself it looks totally matte.  I actually prefer it with a little shine because matte shades tend to make my lips look smaller.
colourpop lippie stix swatches
Lumiere

Overall, Colourpop Lippie Stix are everything people say they are and I can definitely see what everyone is raving about! The color selection and range of finishes is impressive and the fact that they are only $5 is just...wow.  I can't wait to try some more shades! I also love that each shade has a corresponding liner, so I'll definitely pick some of those up as well.
What about you, have you tried Lippie Stix? Or any other Colourpop products? I'd love to hear about it!

5 comments

  1. Great picks here! All 3 shades look great on you and should flatter a variety of skintones (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been strongly thinking about trying this brand. I've read so many good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! It's such high quality and everything but the blushes are $5! My only complaint is that the shipping takes a while. At least for me since I'm on the other side of the country.

      Delete
  3. I love Dani and I would love to try Frida, but I'm still broke when it comes adding on to shipping so I'm waiting for a deal with free shipping

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig