Wet N Wild Fergie Photo Focus Studio Eyeshadow Palette Milano Collections Review and Swatches

Wet N Wild has just released a new Fergie Centerstage Collection that's exclusively at Walgreens stores. I have 6 Walgreens stores in a 15 minute radius from my house and I literally went to all of them in search of this collection! Of course, I found it in the very last store I went to. 
There are several amazing new products that I'll be reviewing in the coming days, but I wanted to start with the Photo Focus Studio Eyeshadow Palette ($7.99).  It comes in two versions- Paris Runway, which is a cooler-toned smoky palette, and Milano Collections, which is a warmer nudes palette. 
Milano Collections

Paris Runway


I chose Milano Collections, since the shades didn't look as glittery and it seemed more wearable for everyday.

It comes with 10 shades, 5 mattes and 5 shimmers, which are housed in a black compact with a see-through lid (no mirror).





This palette actually comes with a double ended brush, rather than sponge-tipped applicators- which was a nice surprise!  Granted, it's not the best quality brush, but I used it to apply my eye makeup a few times and it worked really well.

The blending side is a good size for getting in the crease...my only complaint is that the bristles aren't very densely packed.
The eyeshadow brush side is very flat and reminds me of a concealer brush.  I like how small it is, because it made it easy to be more precise with shadow placement.

As for the pigmentation- all I can say is OMG this palette is amazing! It's soft, it's buttery, it's crazy-pigmented.  It might be one of my favorite palettes ever! Normally with drugstore palettes (and even some high-end ones), the shimmery shades are soft and buttery while the mattes are powdery, streaky and lack pigmentation.  Not so with this at all. The matte shades might even be softer and easier to work with than the shimmers!  They almost felt like creams- they were that buttery and they went on so smooth with a ton of pigment in one swipe. The first time I used this, I actually put way too much on the brush, so a little bit goes a long way.  

Here are the swatches and close-ups of the palette: 
Shade 1- Matte Champagne
Shade 2- Light Shimmery peachy pink
Shade 3- Bronzy Gold
Shade 4- Copper
Shade 5- Chocolate Brown

+
Shade 6- Medium Taupe Brown Matte
Shade 7- Shimmery Pink-Brown
Shade 8- Warm dark brown matte with a little shimmer
Shade 9- Cool toned matte dark brown
Shade 10- Matte Black
I'm still in awe of this palette...especially the matte black shade at the end.  Usually black shades are chalky, powdery and streaky and often swatch like a dark gray, even in a lot of my high-end palettes. But not this one...this might be the most intense black eyeshadow I've ever seen in a palette, not to mention it's so soft and buttery it actually feels like a cream.

Overall, I can't recommend this palette enough.  I say run, run, run to Walgreens as soon as possible to pick these up because I have a feeling they won't last long! Hopefully you don't have to visit 6 stores before you find it like I did.

What do you think of this palette? Have you seen it in your local Walgreens yet?

2 comments

  1. Are these limited edition? When I go to walgreens, I see everything else from the Spring 2015 collection in their display, but no sign of that palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's limited edition but I do know that I had to go to six different Walgreens before I found it and they sold out so quickly I never saw it again after that. I'm not sure if they plan on making more...I hope so, it's a great palette!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig