Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct Celebrity Concealer Review and Swatches

I love a good concealer, so when I saw Fergie's new Come Correct Celebrity Concealer ($5) at my local Walgreens last week, I had to get one to try.  I've been so impressed with the Fergie line from Wet N Wild- they've truly stepped up their game (see my review of her new palette and blushes) so I had complete confidence that this would be another hit...and I wasn't wrong. 
First of all, I had to look up what the heck "come correct" means because in my sleepy CT town, no one is using this term.  According to the Urban Dictionary, it means:

To come out rightly. To speak or approach someone with respect, and not with undeniable ignorance. To do something the right way the first time to avoid being bitched by another.
1. That bitch better come correct next time if she wanna hang out with me! 
2. I would advise you to come correct before you start throwing out facts that are really false.


Ok, so now that I know what it means, haha, let's talk about this concealer.  It claims to be a full coverage concealer with a silky-smooth, buildable formula that blends seamlessly into the skin.  I can honestly say, this is one of the only drugstore concealers I've tried that is truly full coverage!  Many claim to be, but this one actually covers everything. 


The formula has a grease-paint type of feel that most closely resembles Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics or Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. But the thing I like about this one is that while it is super thick, the formula is a little drier so it doesn't feel quite as greasy after dry-down as the others.  Come Correct dries to a powdery satin finish that I think even oily skin types would be ok with.
This comes in three shades: Fair, Golden Medium (yellow undertones) and Medium Beige (peachy pink undertone).  Unfortunately, even the darkest shade isn't very dark, so I hope they make more shades in this line. I purchased Fair and I'm really happy with it because it has a peachy pink undertone that's perfect for canceling out dark circles!
Similar to Bye Bye Under Eye, it comes in a squeeze tube that has a tapered tip.  You only need a tiny bit of this and it goes really far.  In that way, it also reminds me of Amazing Cosmetics Concealer.  You can seriously overdo it if you use too much, so you have to just apply a tiny dab and build it up from there if you need to.
Compared to Bye Bye Under Eye, the tube looks a little shorter, but it holds more product...Come Correct is .34oz. while Bye Bye Under Eye is .28, not to mention that Come Correct is $19 cheaper! 
Bye Bye Undereye's lightest shade is "Light"- they don't offer a "Fair" option. When I swatched it next to Come Correct "Fair", I found them to be very similar, but the Come Correct version has a little bit more peach in it.  This is actually a good thing since peach is opposite blue on  the color wheel and hides dark circles better than yellow-based concealers.
Left: Bye Bye Under Eye
Right: Come Correct Celebrity Concealer
Texture-wise, the two are very similar also.  They both feel super emollient, but Come Correct dries faster and feels powdery once dry, yet it doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey! 
Left: Bye Bye Under Eye
Right: Come Correct Celebrity Concealer
Here are some before and after shots.  I have a lot of freckling/sun damage under my eyes and it's very difficult to cover.  This is the first drugstore concealer I've tried that actually covers them!  Also I don't have super dark circles, but in the photo on the left, you can see some darkness under my eye toward the inner corner that has a purple-ish tint to it.  Come Correct covered everything!
Left: Before  Right: After
Here's a shot from further away...I blended it down into my cheek area and it covered absolutely everything. 
After

On the other side of my face, I have even worse freckling/sun damage and Come Correct almost completely covered it as well!
Left: Before  Right: After
Then I took it a step further and decided to apply it all over my face since Bye Bye Under Eye states that you can use it as a foundation. I didn't have primer on, but decided to go for it anyway.  I was super impressed with how much it covered all of my imperfections and made my skin look amazing. I can still see some of the darker freckling, especially on the bridge of my nose and a little under my eyes, but for the most part it did an excellent job. I didn't need much because a little goes a long way.  I applied it with my fingers but next time I'm going to try it over primer and use my Beauty Blender to see if I can get an even more flawless application.  You can't see it in the photo but it had a bit of a powdery look on my skin, so if anyone got up close to me, they could tell I was wearing foundation. I prefer a more natural, invisible look and this is very thick so thinning it out a little bit might work a little better to achieve that.

All Over Application
Overall, this is a really impressive concealer, drugstore or otherwise!  It's one of the most effective formulas I've ever used that doesn't settle into lines, crease, or cake and it lasts all day long without budging!  It's pretty much a spot-on dupe for It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye as well, so I'll add it to my Pinterest dupes board

Come Correct Celebrity Concealer is a Walgreens exclusive, and out of the 6 Walgreens in my immediate area, only one of them carries it, so it's not an easy find right now.  I've heard that this collection was supposed to be in stores in February, so it's possible that it'll be more widespread in the coming weeks.  I hope you can find it near you, because this stuff is amazing! 


12 comments

  1. I tried to post a comment, but I'm not sure if it went through, so I apologize if this is a repeat. : )

    This is a great review! I was thinking about trying this, bit now I'm definitely going to! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to try this! I saw it on another beauty blog and she loved it as well. I haven't been able to find a concealer I love and I am hoping this might be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you find it! I had to check 6 Walgreens beforw I found it and of course it was in the last one I checked!

      Delete
  3. LOL! I didn't know that was even a thing- I guess I need to check Urban dictionary more often! This looks great on you. I have been wanting to try this and now I think I will go out and get it ASAP. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm not "hip" enough to know what Come Correct means I guess! :) Thanks, I think you'll like it, it's a fab concealer!

      Delete
  4. Will these eventually be in other stores? I don't have a walgreens-I want the palettes and this! Does anyone know if I can order them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that coverage is impressive for any concealer, let alone a drugstore brand! I wish this came in more colors (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what colour to get! wah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are being discontinued now. I was at Walgreens today and saw them on clearance for almost half off! So was the Fergie eye primer, lipsticks and highlighters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a tube at Walgreens yesterday. Clearance and inventory can be store by store. Each location carries what sells well at that location. It's based on everything from average income level to the ethnic majority of that store's immediate vicinity, to average age of shoppers.

      Delete
  8. I've been using this under my eyes for the past few, and I've found that it creases REALLY badly almost immediately. I've tried setting it with powder, with helps a tiny bit, but it still looks pretty bad. I do have more fine lines than you do, but did you do anything in particular before and after applying it? (Eye creams, setting powder, etc) I want to make it work, as it's so cheap and does cover my dark circles really well!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig