Rimmel BB Radiance Review

Rimmel BB Cream Radiance ($6.99, Walgreens) is a new version of their original BB Cream that just popped up last month for Spring 2015, along with a matte version I reviewed a while back (see that post here). Let's take a look!
Like the matte version, this has 9 claims, but instead of claiming to absorb oil and mattify the skin, BB Radiance says that it "Awakens tired skin, brightens the skin with Vitamin C complex, and gives a radiant finish". I wonder if this is the BB version of Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation? It kind of sounds similar. It comes in two shades, Light and Medium.



It comes in the same tube as the others but with an orange cap and writing, instead of blue or purple. It also has a glossy finish.
Coverage-wise, this is right on par with the BB Matte...both have more coverage than the original Rimmel BB Cream, which was more like a tinted moisturizer. This one is light-to medium, but buildable to medium. I expected it to have a dewy finish but it really doesn't...it dries to a satin finish not unlike the matte version. I think what makes it "radiant" is the pearlescent properties it has. It's not sparkly or even shimmery but it just gives your skin a glowy effect that I really like! I purchased the Light shade, and you can see below it's a teeny bit dark for me, but BB Creams are pretty forgiving as far as color goes so when blended out, it's a pretty good match.
Overall, this is a nice BB Cream with good coverage compared to most American BB's that have tinted moisturizer-like coverage. While it doesn't have oil absorbing properties, it does give a finish that's almost as matte as the matte version...it dries quickly with no greasy or dewy feel. The pearly finish seems to wake up the skin and gives you a nice glow without being shimmery. I'm a fan!

Have you tried any of the Rimmel BB Creams? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments

  1. I bought this BB cream unfortunately the shade range is quite rubbish-I bought the shade light and being Asian skin-toned it was too light as expected but the the medium shade is too dark with a very pink undertone. :/
    http://halfbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They really need to do better with their shade range! Two shades just isn't going to cover everyone.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig